Hermione's Secret

Hermione gasped as she came across a locked door without a keyhole in her cabin. Why on earth would there be a locked door in a muggle cabin in an overnight camp in the middle of Britain? she thought. Hermione was exploring her cabin. She examined the door. It was brown and made of wood, just like the rest of the cabin. Hermione brushed her finger along the rough and old door, wondering how to get it open when a piece of wood got stuck in her finger.

"Ow!" Hermione yelped.

She scanned the cabin to make sure everyone was still asleep. If she got caught, well, Hermione didn't want to think about that. She pulled out her wand from inside her pocket.

"Ferula," she whispered as she waved her wand. The splinter went away and Hermione turned to the door.

"Alohomora," She whispered.

The door unlocked and she crept in.

Hermione was a smart and bossy witch. She had short, poofy, curly, light brown hair, brown eyes, and a kind smile. She attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry during the school year. This year she would be in her seventh year of Hogwarts and she dreamed of becoming the smartest witch in the Wizarding World. Unfortunately, this summer, Hermione had to be in a boring, four-week-long overnight camp, wearing muggle clothes, canoeing and getting herself dirty. Instead, she could be at home studying or hanging out at Ron's house. Worst of all, Hermione was stuck in a cabin with dull Racheal. All her cabin mate did was sit around, scribbling letters to her love in Ireland.

It was a large room with three doors in front of her. The door on Hermione's left was silver. It was a perfect door with no bumps, scratches, or dents. It looked like a clean sheet of paper that was shrunk, colored silver, and had a silver doorknob put on it. The door in the middle was a gold door that had diamonds carved all over it. The door on Hermione's right was exactly like the first door on her left. She stepped towards the one on the left. She was about to reach for the doorknob when she heard a voice.

"Stop." It was Hermione's boring cabin mate, Racheal.

"Hi, Racheal. How did you get in here?" Hermione responded, nervously.

"You left the door open. Now, before you open that door, how about you tell me how you opened the one to this room?" Racheal asked as she closed the door to the large, mysterious room.

"I just, uh, turned the doorknob. Isn't that obvious?"

"No. I saw you using a magic wand to open that door. I am not stupid. I can also go tell a camp counselor right outside the door. Or... we could investigate this suspicious room together. And you teach me about magic." Racheal was a short girl about Hermione's age with long, blond hair, blue eyes, and a cheesy smile.

Hermione sighed. "Sorry, Racheal. I have to do this." Hermione reached inside her pocket and felt around for her wand but it wasn't there.

"Dropped this?" Racheal taunted, holding up Hermione's wand. "I'll give it back to you if we look around together. And if you tell me about your magic."

"Ok, fine."

Hermione and Racheal had agreed to investigate the room together. Inside the first door on the left, there were piles of wands. This room looked just like Ollivanders. There were boxes of wands, piled on top of each other on a dusty counter.

"Why are there magical wands in a muggle overnight camp?"