Smile for me, please?

You push yourself back to your feet and dust off the dirt from your knees before giving a smile to Sammy.

"What do you want from delivery?" You ask as you reach into your pocket and pull out your wallet, checking how much money you have.

"Can I have... Some shrimp?" Sammy asks, her voice wavering.

"Of course, want some fries as well?" You ask.

"Mhm." Sammy hums with a nod.

"Alright then, let's just head back and we can watch a movie together." You say as you pet her head.

"Thank you." Sammy sniffles.

Sammy wraps her tail around your left leg and starts leading you home.

"Are you feeling a little better now?" You ask, your voice holding a hint of worry.

"Yeah, thanks to you." Sammy says as a smile creeps across her face.  "You always make me feel better, thank you, thank you so much."

"C'mon, you're giving me a bit too much credit." You chuckle.

Sammy lets go of your leg and jumps in front of you, blocking your path.

"I won't let you get away with it this time you always keep acting like you don't do anything to help, you help by helping me get through every day, it's hard to get through life but you make it so much easier." Sammy growls. "You help me with everything, any time I'm hurt, any time I need money to buy food, you're always there. You're my guardian angel."

"I know it means a lot to you Sammy, but I'm just doing what a friend does. I'm not doing anything special. Well, that's not right, I do stuff specially for you since you're my best friend, but I'd help my friends whenever I can." You respond, a gentle smile aimed at Sammy.

"I guess." Sammy mumbles.

You gently pat the top of her head before motioning for her to start heading back with a gentle nod. The two of you continue your journey back, both of you looking forward to being back home.

"It's days like these that help me appreciate you as much as you deserve, Sammy, you make me feel like I can improve the world, make it a happier place, a place where everyone could finally getting on. I know it isn't possible but cheering you up makes me feel as if I could change the world and make it a place that everyone can enjoy." You say as you stare at the sky, before turning back towards Sammy. "Without you, who knows where I'd be."

"You can't make the world a better place, but you sure as sugar make mine a whole lot better." Sammy says with a confident smile. "You're the sun that shines on my darkened world."

"That's more than good enough for me, but hey, I never knew you were such a sappy little bitch." You say with a playful wink.

"Oh haha, call the female dog a bitch, real original there (Y/N)." Sammy smirks.

"You know me, a wit sharper than your claws when we don't clip them after a few weeks." You joke.

"Keep up with the jokes and I know a certain part of you that'd really dislike being cut by my claws." Sammy says in mock anger as she points to your crotch.

"I'd rather your paws touch there instead." You joke with a wink.

"P-p-pervert." Sammy mumbles with a cherry-red face.

"What can I say? I'm a straight guy, I can't help but enjoy the beauty of women." You say with a cheeky smirk.

"Keep up with the compliments and flirting and I might replace the claws with my paws." Sammy winks back.

You stumble in surprise, you didn't expect a response like that from the normally easy to fluster Sammy.

"Looks like I got you falling head over heels for me." Sammy looks over her shoulder at you and jokes with a wink.

You shake your head with a smile and catch back up to Sammy. The two of you continue to walk down the road, your shared house coming into view, Sammy excitedly runs back to the house before entering the house through the dog door that had to be installed when Sammy moved in. You let out a groan before jogging after her, following into the house, swiftly opening and closing the front door you stroll into the living room to see Sammy happily loading up a movie.

"Are you really excited to watch a movie together?" You ask with a chuckle.

"Yeah, it's always fun getting to watch a movie with you, especially when it means we get to cuddle." Sammy says with a wink.

"What movie are we watching anyway?" You ask, curiosity filling your voice.

"It's a movie about illegal pigeon racing called 'Illegal Pigeon Racing: Pigeons Racing Illegally', I heard it's really good and it should be a fun watch." Sammy answers as she slides the DVD into the DVD player before jumping onto the sofa.

"That's a pretty, uh, interesting name for a movie." You say as you nervously scratch the back of your head.

"Not as interesting as 'Mare's and Doe's gone wild', that movie is awesome, it has a bunch of lesbian scenes in it, it's a really good watch."

"Sammy, that's a porno." You sigh.

"A movie is a movie, I'm sorry that you don't like the idea of beautiful mares and doe's making sweet sweet lesbian love but some of us view it as an important movie that must be seen." Sammy says as she points a foreleg at you.

"I never said I didn't like the idea, I'm just saying it isn't a movie, it's a porno." You argue.

Sammy grabs a nearby pillow with her mouth and throws it at you, the pillow gently hits your chest before you catch it.

"Enough about the porno, let's watch the movie!" Sammy shouts excitedly.

"Alright, alright, calm down fluffy butt." You chuckle.

"You're just jealous that you can't grow hair like me." Sammy says before sticking her tongue out.