Chapter 3

(Gif of Hayden..) Hayden POV:

My head was banging like there was a freaking drum band or something like that in there. Not the best thing to wake upto in the morning. Is this what a human feels when they get hungover? That settles it, I'm happy to not be a human, especially with the amount I eat.

A soft smile plays on my lips then it all came back to me in flashes. Oh God... Harry. Bolting upright in bed I could feel my breath hitching. Closing my eyes I counted to 10 then openned only to realise I had no idea where the heck in hell I was.

"Harry" I mumbled, I could hear my voice crack just at the mention of his name. Fuck.

He took a bullet for me. And now he's dead.

Hearing the door creak open my eyes flew up and I saw him standing there, my mate. He looked as though the moon goddess herself had created him. He was perfect? Was this even legal? I'm thinking this with his clothes on... imagine them off... No stop it Hayden, you're grieving over Harry. My inner wolf cried.It wanted him so bad. I wanted him.

Alpha. I could feel myself readying to submit, but I don't submit to no one, I don't give a shit if I'm small. Damn it wolf. STOP. I wont submit to this... this...alpha... The alpha that was my mate, the alpha who no one saw because he was 'private' this is fucking great. Inspecting him a little more I could see he was a young alpha, maybe about 28... 29? Why was my mate so old? Ew. Grrrrr my wolf growled against me for thinking my mate was any less than perfect. Maybe wolfie is right, maybe I like mature men, who knows. Can't say unless you've tried it, right?

"What happened after I blacked out?" My voice came out croaky and fragile.

His voice however came out as though he was soothing a wounded animal, which I guess in a way he was.

"I brought you here after you passed out, you're my mate I couldnt risk anything else happening to you. Don't worry about your shoulder, that's all healed now..."

Mate... there we go, well one of us was bound to say it out loud eventually I suppose. But why now! I wasn't ready to admit anything out loud, and nothing is official yet, we haven't mated and I don't have the mating mark so.. SHOVE IT ALPHA.... That entire thing just happened in my head didn't it.?

"Listen, Sir, I'm not sure I'm stable enough to be your mate right now---" I was cut off by his growling. Wow he needs to work on his social skills. Majorly. See kids, this is why you shouldn't lock yourself away and have minimal acess to the outside world.

As he walked closer I stumbled out of his nice warm bed. I kept moving back from him untill I felt something hard press against my back. A wall. Screw my life.

Ashton POV:

Growling I walked closer to him, how could he say he wasn't ready. This isn't our decision, the moon goddess decides when we are ready not some pup. I mean, when I first saw him I didn't know what to think, he was so small and young. I don't think he's even 18 yet.

By the time I'd reached him he had his back pressed against the wall and I could hear his heart beating. It was a soothing sound. I hadn't felt so relaxed in a long time, not since before my father passed, the previous alpha...

"You are mine pup, you need to accept that."

The look on his face changed from fear to some sort of anger.

"No, I like my many one night stands, and I'm not going to give them up because some old ass alpha is interested in me!"

Some ALPHA?! I could drown in the smell of his regret from his previous words. ONE NIGHT STANDS!! How may has this kid had? My inner growls at the thought of him having someone else's hands on him. Touching what was mine.