Reinforcements

Previously:
I was in shock when they found me later, staring after the now gone specks of the two dragons and one Rider.

"Ariston?" Arya asked in the Ancient Language behind me. "Ariston, answer me."

"They took him," I did not bother with the Ancient Language. I was too shocked. "He's gone. I can't feel him."

The picture is a recreation of the symbol I put in the first book in this series, "Apollo's Hunt" by @ashfur1290. I thought it was beautifully done, thank you for doing it!

The feeling of emptiness was one I've felt before. I should have been used to it, welcomed the feeling with open arms. It's an old friend. I shouldn't be paralyzed with the feeling.

The thing is, I have lived with the opposite feeling for so long, to suddenly be reunited with it...I'm almost as unable to function as I was the first time.

Not good. I need to be on my A-game if I am going to get Blackjack and my mom back. I can focus on how it makes me feel later, right now I need to be there for Thalia, Vindex and myself. I can cry about it when this is all over.

As I was thinking all this, I was slowly coming to in the real world. I guess that after I had said those heart breaking worlds to Arya, I was out of it. Unable to comprehend anything that was going on around me. Somehow, they got me back to camp and in my tent. I had no recollection of any of that. I vaguely remembered a wedding going on though.

My mind fully returned some time in the midday. Whether that was a day later or a week, I neither knew nor cared. All that mattered was that I was aware enough to focus on the mission.

However, I knew we would not be able to do this with just us alone. I would not take that chance. Not with my mother and best friend in the hands of that piece of Minotaur dung. It was time to bring in back up.

I need to use the token dad gave me all those years ago.

Looking down at the ring on my finger, I remembered when my father gave it to me right before the battle with Tartarus and I freed him from the spirit that had taken him over. I almost used it right then and there in my tent until I remembered how he gave me Vindex. A comet shooting from the sky and creating a crater.

It was probably best I did this in an open area. The field next to us was probably a good idea.

On my way there, many people saw me. It must have been a while since they've seen me up and about because there were whispers and awed faces. Word must have gotten around because eventually, Thalia, Vindex, Arya, Roran and Eragon were following me.

None of them knew how to approach me though so they stayed silent.

When I finally had enough space, I stopped and looked up at the sky. "Send me the best you got, Dad," I muttered, not caring who heard. Then I pressed my fist with the ring into my palm and closed my eyes.

I was expecting something like the explosion when Vindex appeared(because he's that dramatic) or something like when Artemis appeared for the Battle at Hogwarts when she and her group just popped up in the distance.

What I got was none of that.

Nope. I did, however get a portal out of nowhere, spiraling into a black void.