Chapter 16. Mating

[This chapter has been edited down from the original to make it suitable for all audiences. If you would like to read the original, please check out Angels and Devils - Mature scenes, which can be found in my reading list Tasha's Harry Potter Fanfiction and linked via the external link to this chapter.] Wattpad in their wisdom decided to delete the adult chapters (no, I don't know why since I can't figure out what rules they were breaking) - so if you wish to read the adult version, please check out AO3 (archiveofourown[dot]org/works/376913/chapters/615054) - also on the external link for this chapter. Starts about halfway down because chaptering on AO3 is different.

~*~

Once the door closed, Harry did not hesitate as something in him knew what to do next and power erupted from his wings, not just the tips, but the whole surface and spread around them like a net. This web of magic began to expand straight away and did not stop until it reached the walls, enclosing them in a cage of power.

He could feel his magic shifting and reaching out to touch the beautiful Slytherin curled around his leg. There was a residue about his mate; something foreign that bore the same aura as the foul liquid in the bowl still on the bed and he banished both with a wave of his hand. The bowl smashed against the wall, the potion it contained fizzling into nothing on the power web, and Malfoy reared up, his back arching as Harry's magic hit him. Harry held him steady in his arms, lowering him to the bed gently.

Bright grey eyes were hidden behind closed lids as Malfoy breathed in gasps, his body still trembling even as he began to relax. Harry watched his mates face and Malfoy appeared to be somewhere between agony and ecstasy as Harry's magic dispelled the last of whatever Philtrum had tried to pump into the part-Veela. When those eyes opened again, they were hungry and fixed directly into Harry's gaze.

Words and real-world rationality were gone from Harry's mind and that was the only invitation he required. Slowly, almost as if Malfoy might break, he leant down and touched his lips to the slight pout of his mate's mouth. It was like closing a circuit as sensation and power flooded through him, dragging him onward relentlessly. When he darted his tongue between his teeth Malfoy's lips were already parting to give him access and a velvet mouth sucked his tongue in as if starving.

His senses exploded with the taste of his mate and Harry drew it in, wanting everything Malfoy had to give. This beautiful creature was his and he belonged to Malfoy in return; nothing else mattered. Fingers wound in his hair, pulling him even closer as he relaxed into the kiss. This was what he wanted, what he needed. It felt so perfect.

Malfoy had one leg raised and rubbed it along Harry's side as he pushed their torsos together. His mind was filled with his lover and Harry was drunk on the experience. The human part of him knew little of sex, but the Seraphim part of his nature was in control now, and instinct was a far better teacher than the logical mind. Harry knew what he was doing was right because of the way Malfoy responded to him, and he wanted to know every reaction there was to understand.

He moved on to his mate's neck, kissing, licking and tasting; testing each millimetre of skin for a response. He was not disappointed as the fingers in his hair tightened and Malfoy moaned beneath him, moving into the touch with the most delicious shift of his body. A pulse of arousal moved through Harry's entire body. At that moment he wanted the man beneath him more than anything he had ever desired in his entire life.

Suddenly there was too much cloth between them. He ran one talon-tipped finger down Malfoy's fine cotton pyjama top, shredding the material where his sharp claw touched it, but leaving the pale flesh underneath completely unmarked. Pulling away slightly he looked down, fascinated by every glimpse of his mate that he revealed, returning to the top once he had finished one slit, only to start again with another one.