Chapter 2

"You didn't tell us you had a visitor. We could've bought more." Sander grinned. "Hi, I'm Wonsuk. Call me Sander, but I think you already know that," he extended his hand.

        Eunhyuk's lips only curved into a smile. His gaze moved from Sander to Junghae. He looks more like his grandfather in person, he remarked.

        Junghae's brows met in confusion. Why is he looking at me like that? Despite his annoyance, a certain fascination caught him. He noted his pale skin and slit-like eyes, but the certain charm emanating from the stranger confused him even more.

        "This is-uh-" Heechul began.

"Minsuk. Park Minsuk," Eunhyuk continued, thinking of the kid they took care of back in Super Adonis Camp.

        Sander pulled back his hand and shrugged. He went to the kitchen and prepared the food. Heechul followed suit.

        "Do I have dirt in my face or something, hyung?" Junghae asked.       

        "No, not at all." Eunhyuk answered with that charming gummy smile of his. "You just remind me of someone," he said, before turning around to head into the kitchen.

Junghae just stood there, puzzled.

        "Hyung, I'll be leaving now," Eunhyuk poked his head in the kitchen and said his goodbyes.

        "So soon?"

        "I need-uh-to go somewhere," and he left.

        He passed by Junghae on his way out. Their eyes met, but the smiles and grins were no longer there. Junghae noticed Eunhyuk's eyes were filled with something other than anxiety. When the door closed behind Eunhyuk, he sighed.

        "There's something off about that guy. I think you noticed too, and he called Grandpa hyung."

                                                                        *******

        A bit of rustling sounds came from the kitchen. His eyes fluttered weakly open. Burglar? He thought, but dismissed it. The noise was inhuman, so he thought of the inhuman alternative.

Sungmin stayed still and listened more intently. He then grabbed his bifocals from the nightstand. Of all nights for Kyu to throw a tantrum. He was alone, which he thought was actually just as well.

Nevertheless, he braved his way to the kitchen, pausing to tighten his grip on the silver stake he pulled out from under his pillow. He listened again. This time, he noticed that the sounds weren't that quiet to be inhuman. Still, quiet enough to be suspicious.

        He tried his best to remain stealthy, but his back did not help him at all. Every step burdened him and he pitied himself and his age. The memory of the birthday party he refused to have last week flashed in his head for a second. Would it be my last?

        Just before he could reach the kitchen, his balance faltered, which made him lean on one side. His knee protested at the weight it suddenly carried. He fought a groan.

        Knowing he was heard, he gave up on the subtle approach and rushed to the light switch, adding more pain to his already hurting knee. When the lights flickered on, he squinted.

        "Shoot! I wasn't quiet enough!" Hyunsung grumbled.

        Sungmin smiled at his grandson. Yes, but you did baffle my senses enough to not recognize you. "What brings you here?" he said while he limped his way to a stool.