Chapter 28

1 month later

I watched Jannah get out of the car and look at me.

"You sure you don't want to stay? I find out the due date today."

"I'm sure. I'll be back to get you ok?"

She nodded.

"Alright." She closed my door and walked up to the hospital doors. Next month she's giving birth and this is her last appointment. I know she really wants me to be there with her but I have something really important to take care of. Today is the day that I finally pay my so called mother a visit. After sending my boyfriend and sister to the hospital after her devilish ways she needs to be handled.

I looked over at my purse that was vibrating from my phone.

I dug it out and answered it.

"Hey Cory."

"Hey Skye, you there yet?"

"Nah almost why?"

"I think you should just not go." I frowned.

"Why not?"

"I don't feel too easy about this. What if she knows your coming?"

"How would she?"

"I don't know. What if she's waiting on you to come?"

I thought before responding.

"Well then I'm prepared. Where is all this coming from Cor?"

"Just a little paranoid."

"Oh well then I'm almost there so I will talk to you later."

"Wait!"

"Yea?"

"Be careful."

"Um... Ok." I hung up my phone and pulled into a side ally to hide my brand new car I got for my 19th birthday. The looks of this neighborhood say that my new car won't be safe on the front streets at all.

I made my way down the ally past lots of drug addicts and homeless people. Once I found the door I walked up to it and knocked continuously looking over my shoulder. The locks started to click and I waited for someone to appear. The door opened and man that was very tall with wild hair and tattoos stared at me.

"What you here for?" I cleared my throat.

"I'm here to see Helana."

"You one of the hoes?" I frowned.

"Hoe?? No not at all."

"Mm well who are you?"

"I'm her daughter, Skye."

"Oh. I've heard about you. Come in." I wondered what he meant by that but I just stayed quiet as he guided me to the back towards a room. He did a coded knock on the door and opened it.

I walked in the room and looked around.

"You finally came?" I looked over in the corner to see her standing there.

"You've been waiting huh?"

She chuckled.

"I guess you can say that." I didn't laugh I just glared at her.

"So what brings you by?"

"You know what brings me here."

"No actually I don't."

"Really? What about the cookies Helena?"

She frowned and sat in a seat.

"Cookies? What cookies?"

"I don't have time to play I have places to be. So admit it. Your drugged them cookies that you had sent to my boyfriend."

"What gave you that idea?" She said looking at me as if I was stupid. I didn't respond. She sat up in her seat and looked at me.

"Maybe you should recheck with your resources before you come on my office with some bull."

"Whatever you got you name written all over this."

"Oh do I?" I nodded.

"Who told you this lie Skye?" She asked looking like she was over the whole conversation.

"Ok... Rich told me."

"Rich? Your ex?" I nodded again.

"He said you visited him in jail and occasionally heard from you."

She chuckled.

"Last time I talked to him was when y'all were together and I got him locked up." I frowned.

She lite a blunt and blew.

"I told you he was no good. But you never listened to me. Your own mother. Why do you think I put him away? You know he psycho right?" She said in a chuckle. I stood frozen in my spot wondering if I should believe her or not.

"Look baby," she got up and walked over to me.

"Once you decided to listen to his little game about how I was planting COOKIES on your little boyfriend, that I haven't met by the way, just remember, you made a deal with the devil himself." I felt my eyeballs start to sting. She started laughing and I called up my first.

"So stupid so stupid so stupid." She said while laughing and stomping around her office like she was truly insane.

"Let me guess he failed to tell you he broke out right??" I stepped back and walked to the door.

"Happy belated birthday by the way." She laughed hysterically again. I shook my head and walked out the place and back to my car. I don't know if I can believe my mother but some of the things she said made since.

***************************

Jannah in the Multimedia Picture

Just a filler chapter more to come later this week.