Chapter 29

I sat in my car driving back to the hospital to pick up Jannah. Should I really believe what Helena said? Or is she really playing with my head?

"Hey."

I broke out of my trance to see my my sister getting into the car.

"Hey, how was it?"

"Good everything is good so right now."

"Oh ok."

"My due date should be around December 30th to January 4th."

I didn't respond but I stayed focused on the road still thinking about what Helena said.

"Are you excited?"

"Uh.. yea yea of course."

She frowned.

"Whats wrong with you?"

"Nothing." I slightly smiled at her then looked back at the road.

"No, something. Skye what's going on?"

"Nothing I'm just really hungry."

"I'm your sister just tell me what's going on. You know whatever it is I may be able to help. Just because I'm pregnant doesn't m-" her phone started to vibrate, cutting her off of another one of her "Just because I'm pregnant..." lectures. As she talked on the phone I drifted back into my thoughts.

Maybe I'm thinking too hard, maybe she was lying. I should just really let the whole thing go I mean Rich did say someone was after me and she had something to do with it. Could he be a culprit? Man, I thought I could really trust, Rich... Nah not this time I'm not falling into her trap again. Or have I already? Was me coming back to talk to her be another one of her traps to get back in my life. Show her motherly love then just leave me. Like she's done twice before. This time I can't fall for it and I'm not letting Jannah either. Knowing her, deep down she really misses Helena. Yea I'm just in over my head.

I pulled into to Andre's driveway and noticed Jannah stopped talking. Which I didn't notice that she was a doing the whole time.

"Why we come here I thought we was going to the mall?"

"Yea we are I just want to stop by and see how he's doing." I said while smirking. Andre has been recovering really well but not all the way. He is still having troubles with his knee but his chest is fully healed and as for the heart palpitations from the drugged cookies is finally getting better as well from the medicine the doctor prescribed him.

We walked up to the door and I pulled out my key then unlocked the door.

"Baby where you at!?"

"Kitchen!"

"Fat ass..." Jannah mumbled.

"Uh not too much!" I said looking her up and down.

"I'm pregnant it's different."

I chuckled and walked towards the kitchen.

"Hi baby."

"Wassup."

I pecked him on the lips and took a seat at the stool. Jannah walked over to the stove peeking at what Andre was cooking.

"Mmm what you cook in!?"

"Man if you don't get to hungry ass on." We all laughed.

"Its chicken stir fry. Want me to make y'all a plate?"

"Skye don't need none I'll take her's" I smacked my lips.

"Dont play I want some."

"Whatever let me know when it's done I'm about to go play the game." She wobbled out the kitchen and I looked at Andre.