T W E L V E : D E F I A N C E

A/N: Okay, so no I didn't kill off Dante. Only eleven chapters in, do you think I'd do that to you? Haha.

Remember to vote and comment<3

Chapter songs—
Leave It All Behind - Sleeping With Sirens
A Little Wicked - Valerie Broussard

———
T W E L V E : D E F I A N C E

The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?—Edgar Allen Poe

D A N T E

Beep, Beep, Beep.

God I wish someone would shut that annoying shit off. I've been listening to it for the last couple minutes as I come back into consciousness. I haven't opened my eyes yet and I have no idea what time it is. I don't even know how long I've been out. I can feel the softness of a bed underneath me that keeps inviting me in to a deep slumber.

I could honestly give a fuck less about sleep right now. There's only one thing on my mind right now. Her.

When I hear someone stir in a chair next to me, butterflies flutter in my stomach. It's got to be her. I try willing myself to reach out and touch her but my body doesn't respond. The bedroom door opens and someone steps in.

"How's he doing?" I hear my mother asks in a worried tone.

"He's doing much better, just resting." I hear a female voice respond but it's not her. Where is she?

"That's good news. Nadine, why don't you take a break and get some rest, I'll watch over him now." my mother suggests. I can tell by the tone in her voice that she's exhausted.

"How's she doing?" Nadine asks and I feel my stomach drop. What happened to her? Is she okay? He didn't hurt her did he? I'll fucking kill him.

"Jax had to drag her out of here last night so she'd finally eat and get some sleep. Poor girl. It's been a long three days. I'm not even sure if she got any sleep honestly," my mother sighs.

A sharp pain pierces my heart but not the physical kind. The fact that she's suffering right now and I've been knocked out in this damn bed instead of comforting her pisses me off. She needs me but my body and brain aren't on the same page right now. Anger and frustration take over and I finally will myself to open my eyes.

When my eyes flutter open, I notice the room I'm in is in one of the guest bedroom of my house. I wiggle my fingers and slightly move my left arm before I stiffen and groan in pain.

Nadine and my mother quickly turn towards me and my mother gasp. She quickly turns and heads out the door. Nadine sits down in the chair next to the bed and gives me a worried look.

"Where is she?" I croak since my mouth and throat are dry from going a few days without speaking. I clear my throat and raise my brows at her, waiting for her answer.

She smirks and shakes her head. Leaning back in the chair she crosses her arms and props her feet up on the bed next to me. I give her a disgusted look and roll my eyes.

"First off, how are you feeling? You were severely wounded. Your shoulder is already healed since it was a shallow wound, still took a good day to heal but your side wound was the kicker. He got you good with that one. Even punctured a lung. You've been out for three days and it took a full day of work on you to stop the bleeding and repair of your lung. So all together you've been unconscious for about four and a half days, give or take," she shrugs with a grin.

"I feel fine," I grimace as a sharp pain cascades down my side. "I'm not going to ask you again, where is she?" I demand with authority.

"God, she's fine Dante. She's hopefully resting. Poor girl hasn't really slept since the incident," she explains and I'm about to ask where she is exactly so I can go to her when the door opens.