Boys Night Out

Chapter 10
Niall's POV

"Where are you taking me?" Harry panted from running as we stopped by a nearby Starbucks.

"If I didn't pull you back there, you would've gone running towards him" I said in ragged breath.

Harry flinched. "Yeah. Thanks for that".

I gave him a smile as we both entered the coffee shop. We were lucky enough that it was already dark when we went running, otherwise paparazzis will come after us and we might not have made it safely.

We both sat down on the sofa, our eyes locked on each other. I could see the loneliness in his eyes. It was dreadful.

"Look, Harry" I said. "You need to get back on your feet. Look at you, you're a complete mess man".

Harry sighed. "Can't help it Niall. He's just so...perfect that I want to keep him all by myself. Even if it hurts so much".

"Harry.." I frowned at him.

"I don't even know what to do anymore" he added.

I grinned at him.

"What are you grinning for? Do I really look that stupid right now for you to laugh at me?" He grunted.

"Calm down Harry. I just thought of something that'll help you unwind for a bit" I said as I opened my phone.

Harry looked clueless. I rang my phone as Harry tried to figure out what I was about to do.

The phone rang.

"Hey man, what's up?!" the other line said.

"Hello Louis! Care to have a drink with us tonight? Harry's here with me" I asked.

"Aw man I can't. I have to take care of my son, ya know how much I love this lil bean"

I could hear his enjoyment from his joyous tone. It was adorable.

"It's okay man. Take good care of your son and yourself alright?" I responded.

"Will do mate! Tell Harry I said hi!" He said before ending the call.

"Louis says hi" I told Harry. He just shrugged at me as I made another call.

The phone rang again.

"Niall hey! Why'd you call?" Liam answered.

"Hey Liam! We're here at Starbucks right now. Just wanted to ask if you want to come with me and Harry. We're going to have some drinks tonight, whatcha say?" I responded.

There was a bit of silence on the other line.

"Damnit Niall. I want to go but..." He paused. "I'm accompanying Zayn tonight. The guy just ditched Gigi at the Music Awards and I have to know about that. Details and all".

"Ugh Liam. You're such a gossip boy" I groaned.

"Whoa there Niall! What did you expect? I'm his bestfriend just like you're Harry's bestfriend- And don't get me started on how protective you are of Harry" I heard him grunt on the other line.

"Fine fine. See ya around" I answered harshly.

"Well?" Harry said.

"Liam's busy"

"Like I'd believe that goof" Harry mumbled.

I turned away from him as I made another call. I hope this time they'll come with us.

"Heya Mr. Horan!" The voice answered.

"For the last time Luke, don't call me that. It's weird" I sighed.

"Yeah okay" he laughed. "So what's up?"

"Me and Harry. Gonna drink tonight. You coming or not?" I said as I got impatient.

Luke was silent but I could hear the other boys screaming.

"Listen Luke, I've been rejected two times already. Are you coming or-"

"We'll be there!" He spoke as he interrupted me.

"Good. Pick us up here at Starbucks"

He answered yes before hanging up. I turned back to Harry who was now drinking a mocha frappucino. He was reading some magazines. He wasn't looking at the pile, he was just grabbing and throwing them as soon as he was done. He kept doing that until I saw Zayn's cover at one of the magazines.

"That's enough Harry" I said as I took the pile away from him.

He got a bit irritated. "What's gotten into you?"

"Nothing. Luke and the others will be here any moment now"

"Mmkay" he shrugged as he took a sip on his frappe.

A few minutes later.

"Hey we're here!!" I heard Luke yell outside.

Harry and I immediately went outside, meeting the younger boys in their fancy convertible.

"Sweet ride you've got there" Harry said, complimenting Luke's car.

"Yep. Just got her from the car wash this morning" Luke smiled.

"What's up boys" I greeted the other three.

"Looking good Mr. Horan!" Calum politely smiled.

"Stop with the formality guys. Seriously, it feels weird" I laughed for a bit.

"If you say so" Ashton replied happily

Harry hopped inside the car. He was sitting beside Luke. It was nice that they were getting along quickly. For some reason, I wasn't jealous. It was because I knew Luke has a girlfriend. But what's confusing me is why did I almost feel jealous.

"Aren't you coming?" Harry asked.

I quickly snapped out of my own thoughts and hopped inside the car. There wasn't that much space because Michael got it almost covered.

"What happened to him?" I asked, squishing myself on the seat.

"Nah he's just exhausted from our performance at the Music Awards" Ashton said.

"Oh....er you did a great job earlier that's why" I quickly responded. Luke and the others smiled at me. I looked away, blushing like an idiot when Harry smiled at me.

The car suddenly roared. All of a sudden, the wind was passing through us. Luke was already driving.

"I thought we'd be drinking tonight. But uhm I guess you have a better place in mind. So where are we off to Luke?" I asked.

"Somewhere good you'll see" I could see him grinning through the side mirrors. I let my head rest upon the seat, staring at Harry.

What a blissful moment that was.