Worry

Isabelle's POV:
I woke up gasping for air. I looked around and saw that I was in Billy's bedroom. I looked to my left and saw Billy staring at me. His eyes filled with something I had never seen before, worry. I tried to catch my breath but I couldn't. He wiped a tear I didn't know had fallen down my cheek. "Y-you screamed. And then you sat up. Gasping. Like you couldn't breathe." I began to regain control and said "I'm ok." Billy scooted closer to me and said "are you sure? You were screaming." I teared up and nodded. I hugged him and he held me. "What happened?" He said. "I was somewhere. It was dark. I couldn't see. All I wanted to do was find you but I couldn't. Nobody could." Billy pulled away from me and said "you were looking for me?" "I was lost." "You'll never be lost. I won't ever let you be lost." Billy said. A crash of thunder erupted outside and I jumped. Billy did as well. "Shit." He mumbled. "I didn't wake up Max did I?" Billy shook his head and said "I don't think so." I nodded and ran a hand through my hair. "Are you ok? You really scared me." Billy said. I furrowed my eyebrows and said "I scared you?" "Yeah." "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I kissed the top of his head, getting on my knees to do so. Billy half smiled and said "you promise me you're ok?" I nodded and said "it was a bad dream. I used to get them a lot when I was younger." "Bad dreams?" "Yeah. Night terrors. This is the first one in a long time." Billy put his arm around me and I sighed. "You know I'm going to be stressed at work tomorrow, right?" Billy said. I rolled my eyes and said "don't worry about me. Please don't worry." Billy looked at the window and said "it's really hard for me not to do that. You're the first girl I've ever had legitimate feelings for. I've gotten this far and I'm really hoping I don't fuck it up. Plus, I care about you a lot. And now I'm going to be stressed." I cupped his cheeks and said "don't stress." I kissed his lips, Billy deepening the kiss. I laid back down against his bed and he began to kiss my neck, leaving a hickey. My fingers got tangled in his curls and he smirked against my neck as he left a mark. He pulled away and looked down at me. "What?" I asked. "I fucking love you." I blushed and he chuckled as he saw the blush on my face. He laid down next to me and said "you can sleep. I won't let anything happen to you." "Thank you." I said. He grabbed a cigarette from his nightstand, lighting it up. He inhaled and then exhaled. "You're closing tomorrow right?" He nodded and said "yeah." "I have to face my dad tomorrow. I'm not ready for that conversation." I said. Billy rolled his eyes and said "screw him. He's an asshole." "I know. Sometimes I wonder how I'm related to him." I replied. Billy exhaled, smoke leaving his lips. "Just avoid your dad. Stay away from him." I nodded and said "that's what I'll do. He'll probably do the same to me. He's one of those people that doesn't admit when they're wrong." Billy finished his cigarette and said "well, that's the right thing to do. Just stay away from him." I nodded and laid on his chest, sleep taking over my body.

-

Billy drove me back home in the morning and luckily my dad wasn't there. He headed off to work and I was at home with my mom all day. "Your father isn't happy with you." She said. "I know. I'm not happy with him either." My mom sighed and said "I think Billy is a nice boy. Your father is just different. He's been this way ever since we had you. And then we almost lost you and when we got you back, it changed him. He's not right in the situation but he is your father." I nodded and said "I know. I had a night terror last night." "Stress always triggered them for you. And your dad obviously triggered this one. I'll let him know when I see him. You don't have to talk to him." She said. I half smiled and said "thanks mom. And what exactly happened? When you and dad almost lost me? I don't think I've ever heard the full story. I don't even remember anything." I watched her facial expression change and she said "something went down where we couldn't find you. You went missing. But your father found you and since you were young, you don't remember it." I could tell by her face that she wasn't telling me something. I didn't ask her too much about it though. There was a knock at the door and I walked over to answer it. Billy stood on the doorstep. He looked at me with a smirk. "What're you doing here?" I asked him.

"I came to check on you

"I came to check on you. Cause I was worried about you, the whole time I was at work. I couldn't even focus on the the kids swimming in the deep end cause I was too worried about you." I blushed and he stepped in the house. "Hey, Mrs. Kline." He said. My mom smiled at him and walked into the kitchen. Billy cupped my cheek and pressed his lips to mine. I smiled against his lips and my mom said "Billy, are you staying for dinner?" "I'm afraid not. I just came by to check on Isabelle. I was worried all day." His eyes met mine and I could tell that he had in fact but worried all day. I could feel the sincerity as he looked at me. The front door opened and my father walked in. Billy turned around and got in front of me, eyeing him.

My dad walked upstairs and didn't say anything to either one of us

My dad walked upstairs and didn't say anything to either one of us. Billy grabbed my hand, kissing it. "I have to go." He said. I nodded and he leaned down to my ear. "Meet me at the mall tomorrow. I have to take Max there so she can hang out with her friends." I looked up at him with a smirk. "I'll be there." Billy pecked my lips and turned on his heel. "Have a good night, Mrs. Kline." He said. "You too, Billy." I watched him leave and he closed the door behind him. "I really like that boy." My mom said. I shook my head while laughing and said "oh my god, mom." She shrugged and went back into the kitchen, not saying anything else.

Next chapter will have the party involved and I can't wait to write it
~Skylar🛸☁️🛸☁️