Because, Playdates

The next few months flew by blissfully fast yet painfully slow. Sort of like school did, slow going through it but surprisingly fast when thinking back. Yet the entire thing was still rather boring.

Studying took up most of my time. After the Gala of Disaster, as I so 'lovingly' call it, I had begun tutoring in all of the other subjects. All of which came with their own homework. Not as nearly as much homework as highschool but homework nonetheless. Though isn't all of my work technically 'homework' since it's all done at home? A thing to ponder.

The Maths tutor has basically given up on teaching me at this point. Seeing as mathematics was my best subject in my old life, his work was almost disappointingly easy to do. Sir Alvin was torn between being frustrated at what to teach me and amazed by my 'genius'. I'm not a genius, just technically twenty-one.

History was the exact opposite. For being so good with numbers, I'm horrible with dates. Not to mention this is a fantasy world and I have no interest in fantasy. Some of it, like the battles and a few rather funny and really odd situations. Ms. Karin was rather nice about it though. She was rather grandmother-like honestly.

Meanwhile, Dancing was as painful as ever. Madame Nicshe was insistent on getting every move perfect and snapped every time I messed up. My feet, legs, and even arms were often aching by the end of it. Thankfully, despite how strict she was about dancing, she was less so over time. I could always trust Madame Nische to let me out up to thirty minutes early.

Language 'classes' were rather... interesting to say the least. It was basically an English class but with a lot more calligraphy and insanely annoying pens. The reading itself was fine but Mr. Q constantly switched between using fountain pens and Quills. As in the actual feather pens that cramped my hands. Otherwise, he was rather average in every way.

Etiquette is boring. Yet also interesting on occasion. Etiquette lessons tended to be rather frustrating as well. I have a lot of emotions, okay? Whether it's posture, how to correctly wave, or the names of way too many knives. Madame Val has memorized everything. Seriously though, who needs four knives in one meal?

The only lessons I have yet to start are Magic classes since magical cores apparently don't settle till age six. So only a few more months then till I get even more work. That's the way of a pseudo royal I guess.

Or am I technically a princess since I'm betrothed to a prince? Which I'm trying not to think about but I really really want to know now. No-no, best not to ponder your eventual death Bells. It will only make you depressed.

Still, overall rather boring life. Mother continued to linger in my lessons when she had the time. Interestingly enough, the tutors were a lot colder to me when Mother was watching. I wonder why?

As time past, Mother started paying less and less attention to me. Which meant she came to my lessons less and less. Something which I am...  unsure how to feel about. Mother has never been particularly outwardly loving but she has always been by my side.

Mother not being around as much was kind of a good thing though. It allowed me to spend some time with Alex in between our lessons. Which was always nice. Still, I wonder why she's so distant now...

Time went on with no incident for quite a while. 'Father' being as distant as me as ever. That is, until about two months after the Gala.

My day started as it always did. Maids dressed me, which was always weird, and brought me breakfast. Then, I would read and reread books until my lessons were due to start. I've learned a few more things about this world that way, namely because I could now reach the second shelf.