Test Stress

Tests never get easier to take. No matter who you are or where you come from, they never will get any easier. Or at least, that's always been my opinion of it. With all of the evidence I've acquired over the years, it certainly seems to hold at least some sort of grounding in reality.

Example A, me. As Emily, tests freak me out. That was the case with most of my classmates back then. Literally no one I knew liked taking tests. The maybe one girl that did had to be a psychopath in my opinion. Maybe she had a reason? I'll never know. I don't really want to know.

But that was then, this is now. Now I've died, been reincarnated by the goddess of this world as Belladonna -a villainess supposedly- and nearly died again in a fire. Not to mention the stress of having to learn to act 'proper'. The biggest stressor was my fiancee though, but he doesn't matter now.

Where was I? Yes, right. I've been through many stressful situations in this life and have had many experiences taking tests in my past life. A simple school exam should be easy compared to the stress of literally dying! Right? Right?

Nope! After my excursion with Gabriel, who was still the same fun-to-annoy little boy I knew as a child, I was guided to the main auditorium to take my test in the side room they had set up for it. Nothing really too complicated.

The room itself didn't seem all too intimidating. The main part had smooth wooden floors and solid grey-blue brick walls with a large chandelier that somehow managed to easily light the entire space. I call magic on that one as it had no way of reaching the two side rooms.

Of to my right and through a large archway was what I recognized to be a dealing arena. It was different from the ones I was used to. A gunmetal gray floor and shone like metal but held the appearance of a stone floor. There was a visible seam down the center and split the floor into four square floors.

To the other side was a wide-open door, dark oak with black iron handles. Through it, I could see the corner of a blackboard, a couple of desks, and some fancy looking wallpaper. I assume that's where I'm taking my written exams.

Back to the main room. At the very front was a line of teachers each staring down a line of three students each except for one who only had one student. I recognized a couple of the students from formal events I was forced to attend but the grand majority were unfamiliar. I guess from different kingdoms?

I walked over the join the shortest line, feeling rather awkward as though everyone was waiting for me. But after I got in the line, nothing really happened. We just waited in silence. I guess there were supposed to be three people in my line?

Not long after, I heard the footsteps of someone else. A presence appeared behind me, the final person. I stood stiffly and didn't look back. All I did was wait for the teachers to start talking. What if I did something wrong? Would they fail me outright for not acting as I'm supposed to? No, they wouldn't do that. They can't do that... I hope.

One of the teachers cleared their throats. "I am Professor Kiara Davies, I will be your dueling professor for the foreseeable future. May Professors Owen, Hyde, Rodriguez, Mann, and Springs lines join me in the dueling room." 

Professor Davies was a thin, young-looking woman, with short brown hair and a messy fringe. Her baby face made it hard to pinpoint her exact age but you had to be at least 20 to work here from what I've read.

Half the lines followed her to leave the room. One was lead by a severe, slightly older looking gentlemen with silver hair that held, despite having such a strict expression, gave me an odd vibe. Almost like that one substitute from that game Asia had been following, Yandere Sim I think?