Midnight Melodies

It's dark.

Darker than I can see through, the inky black of the night. It's always darkest before the dawn.

It's dark, both inside and out. Sleep doesn't come easy amongst the storm of thoughts and relentlessly keep me awake.

So I find my peace in midnight melodies, songs sung in the quiet, soft whispers in the night.

Two white buds in my ears, and a long snowy strand plugged into something that breaks the dark.

A simple song, soft and quiet. It tells a story, as so many do. Of love and loss, of patience and meaning.

The volume rises.

Not so loud that another may hear, but enough to surround me and break the still silence of the night. Not so quiet that it's barely there, but loud enough so that it encircles me, enchants my mind as I listen.

I lie still. I close my eyes. I feel myself relax, sinking into the cushions and blankets. Into the warmth that's gathered from hours still and awake.

Images pass behind my closed eyes, in time and tune to the song. The story drives out the thoughts in my mind. Deep in the night it's a comfort, a reassuring presence as if meant for me alone.

Melodies loop and intertwine, winding through my tired mind, coaxing me to sleep. And when I wake it's not so dark anymore. I can see, and the music fades.

Once more, a night of peaceful midnight melodies has come to pass.

~~~~

I don't even know. It's midnight, there's this crow outside my window that won't shut up and I'm listening to music and in the spur of the moment I tried to describe it. I might edit this later but for now read and enjoy.

If anybody was curious I was listening to this while writing:

Heads up, it's from a Chinese drama called "Guardian" and I can tell you where to watch it because it's awesome. Not to mention, it's based off a BL novel of which you can read the translation here on Wattpad (again, a link to which I can provide if you want the right thing) and if you want to know what this is I can tell you that too. Of course, China has a censorship thing with their shows so they don't officially show the BL side of things but trust me, they try their best to tell you that there's "censorship" and then there's "censorship".

It's ironic how off topic I got and how this authors note is practically longer than the actual writing...

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama