[M] ⅳ

"The reason why I had to leave you...I got blackmailed...you have no idea how sad I was when I knew I couldn't see you again...just as I thought we would finally be able to love each other...yet I couldn't be with you.."

"Who blackmailed you?"

"I...c-can't say who but what I can say is what they said.."

The woman looked at the wounded girl on the hospital bed. She sighed as she saw tears fall from her eyes.

"I am sorry but unless you want to be killed on the spot when you step foot on the palace then this is the only option."

"I-isn't there any other way?"

"I am afraid not...you are not to see Yewon ever again. For if you do, her reputation will be tarnished and you will either be incarcerated or killed for murdering the emperor of South Korea. She thinks you are dead...let us keep it this way."

Eunbi sighed as she wiped her tears. She looked back at at the woman.

"I am protecting you from being punished. Please cooperate, Eunbi."

"I-I...alright...thank you...I'll disappear as soon as I'm allowed to leave."

"And I didn't listen...I tried to but seeing you again just hurt me too much...I had to be with you again...and now you're my fiancé."

Yewon wiped her own tears and snuggled into Eunbi's strong arms. Eunbi simply sighed and caressed her soft hair gently.

"I'm not sure how long we can go on like this Yewon...we tried running away once. It didn't work...yet I know we'll find a way."

"Yes we will, my love."

______

They spent their last night together in bed showing just how much they missed each other before Yewon had to leave the next morning.

Before the queen left the hotel room she hugged her lover tightly as she tried not to cry.

"I'll miss you so much Eunbi."

"Just call me. Like old times. And I'll try my best to figure out a plan to escape alright?"

Yewon nodded and they shared a bittersweet kiss. Eunbi kissed her hand before she left the room. When Yewon did, she began to tear up yet she started to look through her phone for farm houses in either rural South Korea or Japan put up for sale.

______

When Yewon arrived back at the palace, she was greeted by her husband Vernon who she simply hugged as he kissed her cheek. He asked her about her trip and she tried her best to not be extremely blunt and uninterested.

"Vernon I'm sorry but I don't feel so good...I think I need to rest today.."

"Do you? Well don't worry just rest up today so tomorrow you'll be fine for interviews. We have two alright? I'll check up on you later."

"Yes thank you Vernon."

Yewon made her way to her shared bedroom with Vernon and closed the door. She locked it and flopped down on the bed. Looking up at the ceiling with tears pricking at her eyes.