Yewon went downstairs and to the dining room after being called by a servant that dinner was ready.

When she arrived she saw that Sojung and Vernon were sitting already and she took a seat next to her husband.

It was incredibly silent for almost the entire dinner and Yewon couldn't help but feel that something was up. Then, Vernon whispered to her in a serious tone.

"I need to speak with you in the bedroom afterwards."

He then went back to his meal. Yewon had never heard him speak to her like that before and was worried that something bad has happened.

Sojung then stood up after finishing up and walked towards her office. As a member of the royal council, she had many duties to do as well.

The two finished and they walked back upstairs to their bedroom. When they arrived, Vernon closed the door and Yewon sat on the bed. He sighed and rested his forehead on the door.

"Is everything alright?"

Vernon bit his lip, trying to hold back tears, and began to speak without looking back at Yewon.

"Am I...am I not good enough...for you..?"

"What? No of course you are Vernon? It's just that-"

"It's just that you had a past relationship before me with the woman who killed your father? The emperor of South Korea! And you still love her?! Yewon why didn't you tell me this? I found out through Sojung!"

Vernon finally snapped and looked back at her as he almost yelled at Yewon with a stern and sad voice.

"I-I...I heard you...you're...fucking conversation with her today.."

Yewon's eyes widened and she tried to say something but nothing came out of her mouth. She then began to tear up when she saw Vernon cry.

"Yewon I love you so, so much. I care for you more than anybody b-but...hiding something this big from me...we're married we shouldn't have secrets like this Yewon. Especially ones this big.."

"I guess...now you know why I want to take things slow.."

"No. Now I know we're never getting anywhere in this relationship."

He wiped his tears and kneeled in front of Yewon. Holding her hands gently in his as he sighed. He kissed her knuckles gently and looked up at her.

"You love her...don't you..?"

Yewon hesitated but slowly nodded and Vernon sighed as he looked down.

"You don't love me...right?"

"N-no! I care for you I really do it's just that Eunbi and I...we have a very long history together...it's hard to forget your first love Vernon.."

"You...you could've at least told me you had a relationship with her behind my back...I thought she died.."

"Everyone does but this can't get any...where...wait. Sojung told you about Eunbi?"