💜 They Exist? 💜

Requested by: Wattpad user @203324
oOF— Sorry this took so long to get out! I honestly had no idea what a borrower was, sooo I just had to do a bunch of research, and barely anything came up. So I just looked for some one shots of borrowed readers, found some, and that's why this might be a bit inspired, or if some stuff might be wrong. Well, hope you enjoy anyways.

Donnie & Child Borrower Reader

You peeked out, seeing the lab was now empty. You giggled with joy, crawling out of your hiding place; a small hole in the wall.

You wandered around the purple masked turtle's lab. You see, you, dearest reader, are a borrower. A small person who borrows things to survive.

You have been watching the purple clad turtle for quite a while. In all honesty? He kind of scared you. He spoke with big words, he pretty much controlled the entire room, and don't get me started on his weapons!

But what scared you the most? Your parents told you that if he found out about you, he would experiment on you and/or eat you. Yikes!

You winced a bit just from the thought of it. In all honesty, you weren't even allowed to be here right now. However, your parents were in the kitchen right now looking for food. They were gone for quite a while, so you decided to go get some food yourself.

You saw the pizza on Donnie's desk, and immediately, you could hear your stomach begin to rumble. You quickly looked around, before making a run for it. You grabbed the pizza, and tried to take it back. However, you heard the door start to open.

Starting to panic, you started picking up your pace, the pizza slowly dragging behind you.

As you could possibly imagine, Donatello was more than surprised when he saw a tiny person dragging a pizza across his table. "What..." he plainly said, staring at you.

He quickly picked up the pizza, making you squeal as you were still hanging onto it. You let go, allowing you to fall off, but a green hand quickly caught you.

"Alright, who and what exactly are you?" the purple clad turtle questioned, raising a brow. While, yes, he looked very intimidating, and his voice did sound a bit demanding, he didn't sound like he had any harmful intentions.

Feeling a bit relieved by this, but also still a bit panicked, you slowly stuttered, "Uhm... U-Uhm... I-I'm (Y/N)... a-and I'm a borrower..."

Donatello froze. "A what?" he questioned.

"A...A borrower," you repeated. The purple masked turtle stared in shock.

"They exist...?" he muttered.

You blinked a few times, scooting back as you can ego realization, "W-Wait! P-Please don't test on me, or-or eat me, or-or-or—!"

"Hey, hey, calm down," Donnie said, gently putting you down onto the desk, "First, while I would like to know more about your species, I would not end a life to do so, especially a child's. Second, I am not calling you ugly in any way, but I personally do not find a small child on a lab desk to be all that appetizing."

You took a breathe of relief. Though you couldn't understand most of the words he was saying as they were too big for you, you knew for sure he wouldn't hurt you. "Thank you mister purple turtle," you thanked.

Donatello snorted a bit, his hand hovering above his mouth. You hummed, tilting your head to the side in confusion as you questioned, "What's so funny, mister purple turtle?"

"'Mister purple turtle'..." Donatello managed to laugh out, "Oh, child. You are definitely a special one." He allowed you to have a slice of pizza as the two of you talked. You talked about what it was like to be a borrower, and he talked about what it was like to be a mutant turtle.

You had quite a fun time, and honestly, this turtle wasn't nearly as bad as what your parents told you he was.

Wait.

Your parents.

"(Y/N)!" you heard your mother from the small hiding place you stayed in, "(Y/N)! Where are you?! The turtle has returned!"

You jumped a bit, looking back. "Oh no, my parents found out I left!" you exclaimed, standing up, "I'm sorry, mister purple turtle, but I have to get back! I'll see you another time!"

You waved as you ran off, back into your hiding place. "I— Alright then..." Donnie said, picking up the remains of his pizza. He sighed, wondering when would be the next time you could meet.

"Hey, Don, what was with all the yelling?" Raph questioned, poking his head into he lab.
"...nothing," Donnie hesitantly answered.

797 words
Brought to you by Sam, who doesn't know how to end this—
So! I feel like that was pretty trash, especially compared to my other ones. But it's probably the best I could get. Hope you enjoyed anyways!