O"Fish"ally Adopted

"Jacky he's so cute!" Mary grinned.

John had just gotten back from picking up his little sister. John's father was not invited to the baby shower the next day, due to his homophobic reaction when they told him they were adopting.

Alex smiled and pulled the now empty bottle away from his sons face. Only two days and he was already in a routine.

"Sorry we couldn't get you last night Mare, but your here extra early for the party. Angie should be here soon, and her family is coming with her."

"Eliza and Peggy?" Mary perked up. She knew John's friends well, and the Schuyler sisters were her favorite. Peggy used to watch her when she was really little, and when Alex and John were just friends, Eliza would come over to hang out a lot.

"No, her husband and kids." Alex replied.

"Oh."

"You'll like them though." John said as he sat down next to Alex and took John Henry in his arms. "Philip and Kitty."

"Kitty?"

"Her names Catharine, but we call her Kitty." Alex told her.

Mary sat down next to her brother and watched him play with John Henry. "He looks just like you."

"Funny, isn't it?"

"Guys? It's Angelica!" A voice came from behind the apartment door.

"And JC." Another voice chimed.

Alex rolled his eyes. John Church was a nice guy, but he was super boring. He insisted on being called JC because they lived in an area of many John's. John L, John A, and now, John Henry.

"Play nice." John laughed as Alex went to open the door.

"Angie!"

Angelica pushed Alex away and went straight past him to see the baby. "Where is he?"

They made the announcement and shared pictures the night before, revealing John Henry's name and gender.

"Here." John stood up and walked towards Angelica with John Henry on his hip.

"Oh my gosh! He's precious!" Angelica squealed. "Can I hold him?"

"Of cou-" Alex could barely get the words out before she had the baby in her arms.

"Oh...He looks like John."

"That's what we were just talking about." Mary walked around the couch.

"Mary, you know Angie. This is Philip, Kitty, and John."

"JC, actually. Nice to meet you." John Church offered his free hand. The other was occupied by Kitty, who was clinging to her dad.

Mary shook his hand and offered to play with the other kids. "Maybe they'll like John Henry's toys."

"Great idea." Alex told her.

Mary led Kitty and Philip to the nursery and the adults all sat down in the living room, Angelica still holding the infant. Even when she talked, she was looking at the baby.

"So, we need to put up decorations, and I brought the rest of the ingredients. Eliza is making a cute little marshmallow white chocolate goldfish thing, and Herc and Laf should be finished with the banners by now."

"Hey, Angie, we are up here." Alex said slowly.

"Sorry what?" She didn't look away from the infant.