Chapter 13

That sweet smile froze when he saw that Qi Hua was not alone. Beside him, stood the lady that was supposed to be at Chu tribe. Rui Yue walked to Qi Hua briskly and greeted them. "Welcome back."

"I'm home..." Qi Hua said tiredly.

Rui Yue looked at Chu tribe chief's daughter. Her face clearly shown that she was unhappy. There was redness around the rim of her eyes. Something must had happened. And it was not a good thing. Otherwise Qing Yao won't followed Qi Hua back and stood in front of him. He was hesitating, to ask or not to ask and remain quiet. He was still pondering when Qi Hua start to speak.

"Let's not stand here and talk. We go in first. I will tell you later, Rui Yue." Qi Hua had started to walk so Rui Yue and Qing Yao followed him into the village.

"Is there any leftover? I'm hungry." Qi Hua asked Rui Yue as they walked into the village.

Rui Yue looked at Qi Hua. "You haven't eaten yet? Um... there is no leftover. But don't worry. I will cook something for you to eat." Rui Yue said quickly. Qi Hua nodded.

He then turned to look at Qing Yao with a smile. "How about you, miss Qing Yao? Do you want a portion too?"

But Qing Yao did not reply him. So, he tried again. "Um... miss Qing Yao?"

This time Qing Yao replied him rudely. "No, I don't. Can you leave me alone?" And she turned her back toward Rui Yue.

Rui Yue was shocked by that response and he looked at Qi Hua. Qi Hua just shook his head. "I'm going to have someone to clean up the guestroom first." Qi Hua announced and he walk away. Qing Yao did not say anything to Rui Yue and followed Qi Hua.

Rui Yue went to kitchen and made a bowl of noodle for Qi Hua. He had just placed the bowl down when Qi Hua come and sit down on the stool. Rui Yue smiled and pushed the piping hot noodle toward Qi Hua. "Here. Eat up." Rui Yue smiled.

"Hmm... Smells good." Qi Hua picked up the chopstick and start to eat.

"By the way, she will stay here with us." Qi Hua said before he continued to gobble up the noodle.

Rui Yue looked at Qi Hua. 'Staying here? I didn't hear it wrongly, do I?' Rui Yue thought inwardly.

"You mean miss Qing Yao going to stay here starting from now?" Rui Yue asked for confirmation. Qi Hua nodded.

"But why?" He questioned again.

Qi Hua then told Rui Yue what had transpired. When they reached the entrance of the Chu tribe, there were a few guards. When they wanted to enter, they were denied access. The guards actually blocked them. Qing Yao questioned them and they were told that the new chief had ordered that Qing Yao and whoever that accompanied her are not allowed to step into the village.

Upon hearing that, Qing Yao was shocked and start o cause a ruckus that the new chief came out and chase them away. Apparently, the Chu tribe leader fall ill and passed away when Qing Yao was at Qingli tribe. But none of the Chu's actually come and report to her about this news. Instead, they secretly elected a new chief instead.

Rightfully the position supposed to be Qing Yao's. But her uncle seized the position and kicked her out from the tribe. She was banned from entering the Chu tribe. Her uncle had scorned her for being ambitious to be a leader when she was a lady. Chief position should be taken over by a guy not a lady. No matter how they tried to argue it's pointless. She was pushed to the ground and the entrance to the village was closed.

Nowhere to go, Qing Yao begged Qi Hua to allow her to stay at Qingli tribe. Seeing her so pitiful, he agreed. When Rui Yue heard that he feels sympathized with Qing Yao and could understand the behaviour that she displayed early.