Chapter 34

The whole place was brimming with activity, everyone was rushing about, for the preparation of the Memorial Day's feast. A dark blue robe man was walking in a slow and steady pace when suddenly something in white suddenly crashed onto him, before he could react about, that white robe man who crashed into him was muttering apologies and the hand was busy picking up the fallen fruits. That white robe man did not spare him a glance at all and rushed off.

He turned to look at the white robe man who scurried away in a rushing manner, before the Sky guard came over and greeted him respectfully. "Your Highness... It's about the time, we should go. His majesty is waiting."

The dark blue robe man then continued to walk to the main hall to meet the king of the Sky tribe. The king sat on the throne, high and mighty.

"Your Majesty..." The dark blue robe greeted the king respectfully and every gesture was executed with precision.

The king looked at his son proudly. "Qi Hua, you're here..."

The king was a middle-aged man with long hair, clad in pure white adorned with gold embroideries with the gold headpiece rested on his head, depicting his status as the leader of the Sky tribe.

Qi Hua stood up straight before the king and waited patiently for what his father wanted to say.

"Recently, we received the report from the lower realm immortals that there was a turbulence at the lower realm, near the mount of Xilong. The immortals reported that the crops there as well as the trees vanished in an overnight, especially those grown up trees and crops. Half of the small hills near the mount of Xilong gone barren and it's happening rapidly. Qi Hua, can you go and check it out?" The king asked.

Qi Hua bowed. "Then I shall go now."

"You not staying for the feast?" The king asked.

Qi Hua who had turned to walk away stopped "No, it's better to quickly find out the root cause first. I shall take my leave."

With that, Qi Hua left the hall and descended to the lower realm. The case that was reported was true as there were no single grown up trees at the place where he descended, it was too quiet, there weren't any animals around. There was a forest in front of him that seems to shrink backward over a period of time. Qi Hua look at the forest again and indeed, it was shrinking, he then looked around again. He sensed there was movement on his right and the sword on his hand flew out toward the direction of the movement.

Suddenly, a beast rushed out and attacked him from behind, but he was quick and was able to block the attack using his palm. The beast avoided and the ground start to quake, more and more beast came out from the ground. The beasts surrounded him and snarled at him, saliva was dripping down from their mouth, the beast had a hideous look, their appearance was a mix of goat face, rabbit ear, razor sharp teeth, long arm with sharpen claw, short leg with eagle like sharp talon and serpent tail. Their entire body were covered in coarse black furs.

The beasts eyed Qi Hua, calculating Qi Hua move with their beady eyes, with a roar they attacked him, Qi Hua used his hands that was channelled with spiritual energy to block and attack them. The beasts were easily defeated, but instead of lying dead, they were absorbed into the soil the moment their dead body touched the ground. Qi Hua was astonished when he saw that phenomena happened in front of him, he had just recovered from the shock, when the second wave of quake happen, this time is below him. Qi Hua immediately flew up and stay on the air as he looked at the event unfolded below him.

The ground that he had just stepped on earlier, used to be a "small hill", and now that "small hill" transformed into a pangolin like creature. He was caught off guard by that creature and by the time he realized, there was a deep gash on his chest. That creature was fast and he kept evading that creature's attacks, Qi Hua got hurt again, and that creature wasted no time by using its tail and whacked at Qi Hua from the side, causing Qi Hua to crash into the ground below him.