Chapter 2

2016, February 3rd, KINGSTON HIGH.

ISABELLE GREY

"If I was you, I'd wanna be me too. I'd wanna be me too." Tyler sings as I get into the car, giving me a sideways lopsided grin.

Tessa rolls her eyes, focusing outside her window. It was our daily routine.

Tyler always rode us to school on Fridays.

We would always gather up at one's place after school and binge watch netflix all day and night. There hadn't been a single friday we've spent without each other for the past four years we've known each other.

Once we arrive, we headed seperate ways, as fate would have it, our lockers were situated in three seperate departments.

*****
"That was the epitamy of utter boredom!!! Who the hell do you think invented maths?? If that dude was still alive I would toast him to ashes and it with milk for breakfast. I mean he's been looking for his X for way too long to realise that she's not gonna come back! There's a reason for the invention of the calculator, anyways."

Tyler brags on and on about the torture he just went through.

I cracked a smile at him.

He was always this way.

Funny, enegertic and vibrant.

"Hey, Izzy? Don't think I didn't notice those breif looks the 'River Stallion' sent you. What's going on here?" Tessa inquires, a smug expression on face.

I roll my eyes at her and convince her to drop the subject.

Sure, summer camp with River was fun.

But just as I had expected, when school started, we went our own seperate ways.

It was as if we never met and we pretended we didn't know each other at all.

"Hey, Iz! I almost forgot. Do you remember my uncle? Jackson? Well, he lent me some books the other day and they are probably in my store room. I'll make sure I give em' to you this time." He says, as I take a seat at the lunch table.

I grin and showed him a thumbs up. Jackson, Tyler's uncle is cool. Last time he gave me books, it was the Hunger Games and they were fan-freaking-tastic.

While Tessa and I were in the middle of a heated argument about how if Tyler died who should have his wifi password, I casually stumbled upon the sight of River and his gang of friends seated two tables away from us.

As if noticing my stare, River turned, only to lock eyes with me.

His face broke into a thoughtful smirk as he slowly got up from his table, striding towards ours.

I groaned and hid my face into my palms. I heard a shuffling and a screech of a chair.

"Hey, crazy lady!"

I recognised the voice in an instant.

Or maybe it was the fact that I already had him in mind.

I tilted my head.

He grinned back at me.

"So, What's going on in the life of Isabelle Grey?" River mocked and Tess gaped at me.

"Go away." I shooed him and Tess slapped the back of my hand.

I glared at her and she glared back.

"Excuse Izzy, she does not often converse with the opposite gender, except Tyler and he's practically a girl with short hair and muscles."

I chuckled at the comment as Ty whined.