Chapter 7

2016,April 4th,2.36 PM, Kingston High

ISABELLE P.O.V

The drive to school was utterly boring and I felt sick during the whole ride. It had to do something with the dreams.

Strolling up to my class, I felt an unnerving presence behind me.

I turned around slowly to be met by a pair of emerald green eyes.

I immediately recognised the familiar face.

"Izzy? We haven't even started on math and I really don't want to let Mr. J down. My house, at four?" He suggests.

I shrug and turn away glancing at the white board.

We were supposed to write an essay on any genre we wanted.

That seems easy.

A few minutes into my essay, I felt someone lean over my shoulder peeping at my paper.

I turned around to come face-to-face with River. He didn't even bother hiding the fact the he was reading my essay, instead, his eyes darkened.

In a low voice, he breathed out,

"Who are you writing about?"

I think for a while.

Who was I writing about?

My eyes skim over the piece of paper and I realise indeed I was writing about a certain silver haired boy I've been seeing frequently in my dreams.

Kaiden?

Why would I base my essay on him though?

I felt my stomach tighten and a strange nausea passed.

I felt dizzy.

My eyes flutter close and I hear a low bang as my head hit the table.

I wasn't fully unconscious though.

I could hear the panicked voices around me , but I could hear the voices inside my head too.

I figure that if I wanted to make one thing clear, I should mute the other.

I muted out my classroom and focued on what I was seeing, technically with my eyes closed.

*****

I wake up. Shivering.

Kaiden was right infront of me with a 'idgaf' expression etched onto his face and a bucket of ice water on the floor beside him.

I narrow my eyes at him and realise that he was topless.

Embarrassed, I avert my eyes immediately.

"What the heck, kaiden!?" I yell, flicking back my wet hair that clung onto my face.

He stared back, impassively.

"You're supposed to wake up at five. It's nine. Besides , Della had something to tell you."

I stare at him, disbelief evident in my stare.

"So what you're saying is that you woke up at five and had time to fill a bucket of ice, cold water, talked to Della, add the fact you carried it all the way to my room, upstairs and still had no time to put on a freaking shirt!"

He chuckles bitterly.

"What? You know you like it." He says, grinning smugly.

"Cocky much, Kaiden?" I retort back, suprised with his seemingly light mood.