10~ Never Gonna Leave This Bed

*Sky's P.O.V*

Pretending to be "NORMAL", doing my best to act like I'm okay, day after day, week after week, month after month. It's just so exhausting.

I loved my dad, I really did, but what I didn't realize is how different America would be. I was on a completely different continent. Here, things have different names, meanings, and everyone has weird accents. It was beautiful here, and really warm too.

Australia was warm all year round, and we never got snow. Here, however, was a completely different story.

When I got out of bed this morning, I walked to the bathroom. The only problem was, I didn't know where it was. My dad had a really big house, and everything was so far apart. I was getting jetlag really bad, and so I was up at 3:00 a.m.

I didn't want to wake my dad, so I sort of just wandered around the house. Finally, after what felt like hours, I found the bathroom. I get in there and reach under the sink.

Oh yeah, I don't have blades here. Shit. So instead of cutting, I just brushed my teeth. I combed my hair, and did my makeup.

I decided on wearing a red flannel, a black beanie, ripped skinny jeans, and grey converse today. I put on all the clothes, and it was about 5:00 a.m. now, and they sun was up.

I walked outside, and the crisp morning air hit my face. I breathed in the fresh, mountain air and sighed. It even smelled different then Australia.

As I was walking down the street, a tear falls. I didn't even know I was crying until I fell to my knees and buried my face in my hands.

I felt so broken and alone, and I didn't even know what to do anymore. You're so pathetic. Sitting in the middle of the road crying? Get up you attention seeking whore. I thought.

I stood up, and made my way back to my dad's house. As just was walking, a body bumped into me. "S-Sorry," I managed to say. "No it was my fault, sorry," a husky voice replied. I looked up from my shoes, and my eyes locked with his.

His eyes were bright green, and he had hazelnut colored hair, like mine. His jaw line was perfectly sculpted, and he had an amazing smile.

"The names, Kaden," he said with his accent. "Sky..." I replied. "Well, nice to meet you Sky, you sound Australian, am I correct?" He asked and I nod. "I just moved in with my dad for the summer," I said. "Oh cool, it's probably very different here, huh?" He asked. "Yes, a lot actually," I said and he laughed.

He pulled out a piece of paper, and scrawled something down on it. He teared off the part wrote on, and handed it to me. "Here's my number if you need anything," he said with a smile. "Okay, thanks," I replied taking the piece of paper and shoving it in my pocket. "See you around," he said and waved walking away.

When I got back home, my dad hugged me. "Where the hell were you?" He asked. "Jeez dad, calm down I just went for a walk," I said letting go if him. "Okay, I was just worried," he said "Hey dad? Do you mind if I borrow your car to pick up a couple oh things?" I asked. "Well, you probably don't know where any of the stores are," he said. (a/n there aren't actually very many stores in Kellogg so let's just pretend) "Oh yeah," I said. "I can take you to the mall and drop you off, if you want," he said. "Okay thanks," I replied.

After my dad dropped me off, the first store I went to was Hot Topic. When I got in there, I almost squealed. They had 5 Seconds of Summer shirts. I ran to the shelf and bought 6 of the shirts, buying two of each.

The next store I went to was Claire's. I bought a flower crown and some shades. Along with a lot of bracelets. I quickly played for the things, and headed for the hardware store.