Chapter 9: Journey to smogen

" Well, hello Nate or should I say .... the descendant? " A  creepy smile came on his old face which made his oh-so-obvious-wrinkles get more wrinkled up. I don't know who he is, not even a  clue. But apparently, he knows all about me. The mischievous glint in his eyes gave away all his intentions.  So rather than answering him I was trying to see where were we going and if there was anyone else nearby or not, unfortunately, I saw the pure white cloud of cloudania disappearing behind us, making the hope of ever leaving this strange man and his stupid cloud disappearing too. But my despair was either invisible to him or he just ignored it as he spoke again. 

" Looks like someone is not in the mood to talk. Well then, I have only one option, I'll do the talking and you listen. ............ I'll be taking your silence as yes ...... so let's start with my introduction, I am Carter Scott west minister of smogen. " A surprised look crossed my face 

" Ah, so I see that dear Gabe didn't tell you about my existence then, huh? ... no worries my dear, I'll tell you 😏... So you see .....     "

" Well, your existence could have been known had you shown a teeny tiny bit of patience and not just barged in and kidnapped me like this 😤" I was fuming from inside now. 

"tsk tsk tsk, you are not at your best attitude, young man. Watch your tongue while you are talking to me. I am not the victim here YOU are the VICTIM. You understand, " I  was unmoved by this stupid speech. He could warn me all he wants, but it's not like I have anything left to lose . do I? I don't think so ................my family is dead, my friends are on the earth ... on solid ground, and my career is already gone so .............nothing is left for me, except me. But still, I listened to him.

"So where was I ? .......... Oh yes, introductions. So as I told you I am the minister of smogen, Gabe is the common head of both the clouds ..... well basically he is in Cloudania's favor so we are not on the best terms as u know now, and then comes Edward he is in the same position as mine minister of Cloudania and you...................... my dear is the descendant 😏. "

I was speechless, I had nothing to say. I didn't know all this at all as no one told me any such thing. All this feels so unreal, I mean how could my life go from being the most famous astronaut to being a descendant of some mysterious land. God knows what's happening, I don't even know if it's good or not .......... but my subconscious mind is having different thoughts .... according to it I belong here... I know that's weird as hell.

So, instead of overthinking these ludicrous concerns, I decided to intake my surroundings. Indeed there was not plenty to look at because all I could catch was mists and clouds here and there. Curiosity took the better of me and I asked carter whether all these clouds were areas or not.

he responded," yes some do reside there, but they are not official clouds. Like smogen and cloudaniya, these are the only official clouds after the dissolution ."

getting even more puzzled after his response, I urged what kind of separation.

He responded," hmm, I see you are a curious little fellow. Well well if you want answers you need to wait, as I can see you don't even know why you are the descendent, am I right? so that sums up that you know nothing. "

I felt a bit dejected and insulted at this so I decided to keep quiet the rest of the journey.

In the meantime we were traveling I thought why am I sitting here like stupid ...... I should 've done something maybe I should ..... steal and throw his wand .... or should I kick him off the cloud or I could also jump myself off, but I'm not a depressed guy just because of these small issues ... or I hope so that these are small issues. I need to get answers or I will go crazy staying on these clouds ..... maybe I should proceed with one of the conspiracies ....... 

But before I could say or take any foolish step, the cloud stopped with a jerk. I glanced around and saw another huge cloud similar to that of Cloudania but this one is a deep grey. It feels like it's about to thunder here. The deep thunder sound that came through the vibrating cloud on our arrival. As if its either welcoming us or warning .................me, not to step on this land. But I had no choice now, I was a prisoner of carter and I need to know the mystery of my family and this cloud too. So without any expression on my face, I followed carter to where a small crowd was gathered just like the one on Cloudaniya when I first landed there.

I looked around and saw that smogens are the total opposite of cloudaniya. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

follow me in the journey of Nate's discovery of smogen and being the descendant of this newly discovered system ......

hope you are enjoying my stories 

any query regarding stories can be messaged ... I will surely reply and reviews of all kinds are welcome too. As I said, my audience is my editor.