Chapter 1

Quick note, Artemis is Tigress in this.
______

Artemis Crock begrudgingly trudged into her math class, she spotted the person everybody loved most... Richard Grayson. "Golden boy!" she scoffed under her breath, she sat down at her desk getting out what she would need from her bag, the teacher walked in a boy in a black leather jacket trailing behind her. He stood awkwardly at the front of the class as the teacher called out to everyone for their attention, Artemis noticed In the corner of her eye that Richard the golden rich boy blushed slightly when he saw the other boy.

Potential Tea?

Artemis imagined it now.

'Richard grayson the ladies man found out to be sleeping or to have slept with whoever this boy is.' He'd be the talk of the school and all of Gotham if people sold their stories to the press.
She was brought back to reality by the teachers high pitched voice. Her name was Mrs balloga, ironic considering that sometimes she sounded like the world's fattest whale.

"Everyone, this is Ryland Wilson, he's a transfer from a city called Havenbarrow, he will be joining you all."

Ryland Wilson? As in the son of the mercenary Slade Wilson? Artemis eyed him cautiously. Ryland noticed this and gave her a smirk.

"Ryland, you can sit next to Artemis."
Spoke the whale as she pointed towards Artemis, the heroine cursed in her head as the boy sauntered over wearing a shit eating grin.

"Hey neighbour." he chimed as he plopped down into the chair opposite her.

"Don't!" Artemis snapped.

"Don't what, princess?" Ryland asked innocently. God she hated his cocky grin

"Talk to me, or call me princess." she snapped at him again.

"Playing hard to get are we?" he asked
Seductively, Artemis shivered at his tone. She eyed him as he took out the the things he would need from his bag, he was attractive, he had that 'bad boy' vibe going on, different from Wally. Wally. Artemis bit back a sob as she remembered him, his bright flaming weave, his emerald green eyes... If only he was still around. Ryland had black hair that was a mop but was gelled forwards flat, pale skin that was achne free and a strong jawline, people in this school were bound to throw themselves at him. Males and females alike. He wore a black leather jacket with black jeans and a plain white t-shirt through it artemis could see his pecs and other muscles, she didn't know why but she couldn't stop staring at his abs, with further investigation she could also see bruises, large ones across his chest and sides. She frowned but didn't say anything, didn't jump to conclusions, perhaps he was bullied? No. She doubted that, he didn't seem like the type to just sit and take beatings.

A fight perhaps? He looked like someone who would get into fights just because. Artemis also noticed his body posture, he was tense, always watching his back, like he was expecting an attack, he looked at the others in the room distrustfully, shooting them wairy glances. There was no doubt about it, as a hero artemis was trained to detect signs when it came to child abuse. She was certain, Artemis also noticed Richard Grayson looking at him in the same way, they had came to the same conclusions, the difference was Richard seemed to know this Ryland Wilson character. She would interrogate the rich boy after class, she wanted in on his little loop of knowledge. They sat in maths for an hour before the bell rang, all the dickhea- students stood up, gathered their things and left. Artemis shot out the class like a bullet from a rail gun after Richard Grayson. As she followed him through coridoors calling out to him she heard all the prissy princesses talking about how hot Ryland was and how they wanted to date him, even the guys were talking about how handsome he looked.

"Grayson!" Artemis called, but it wasn't just her who was after him. Ryland beat her to him and grabbed him by the arm pulling him away.

"Fucking dammit!" Artemis swore as she kicked a kids locker in frustration.

A ginger kid tried to shyly ask her to. Move but she pushed past him, "move your pumkin spice latte looking ass!" she snapped as she stormed off. She sat through her next lessons, she only saw Grayson, never once did Ryland show his face. Acording to Richard he had just up and left in a panic after his foster dad called. She sat quietly milling over this information, she would pay this foster parent a visit as Tigress later tonight, while she didn't like the guy she understood what it was like to be abused and neglected by a father figure she wouldn't wish that upon anyone. Not even Ryland, who seemed to be an asshole and most likely a player at first glance.

___

Tigress followed Ryland home from the rooftops, stalker much, probably. Did she care? Nope. He entered an alleyway and climbed up a fire-escape ladder that was attached to a brick apartment complex and climbed into a broken window, she heard him grunt as a peice of glass got stuck into his side, she hoped he'd go to the hospital for that, it would give her time to investigate and look around the place as Tigress. She pulled out her phone and took a picture of the Apartment he went into, these particular ones had numbers on the windows.

"Tigress?" a familiar voice asked quietly. She spun around to see the first boy wonder in His Black and Blue spandex suit. The former boy wonder eyed her confused, or rather pretended to be confused to keep his identity safe, he knew why she was here, he was here for the same reason.

"Nightwing?"

"Yup, that's me." he grinned "why are you here?"

"Looking into something." She said briskly shrugging off his question as she double checked to make sure Ryland couldn't see her.

"Is it that Ryland Wilson boy who goes to your school." Artemis wasn't Suprised he knew, he was Batman's partner after all, knowing things that transpired in Gotham was as much his job as it was the dark knights, though she did wonder where he got this information from.

"How'd you know?"

"I have someone on the inside that feeds me info, you probably know him." Nightwing lied as he crept up the fire-escape silently with Tigress at his side

"Richard Grayson! He's your informant... Isn't that risky?" Artemis whispered as quietly as possible as they had began to near the window Ryland disappeared into. Nightwing shook his head.

"he's trustworthy, believe me." Nightwing muttered, the two entered through the window carefully as to not get impaled by glass shards.

"Why are you after Ryland?" Artemis asked.

"Batman has been monitoring Slade Wilson ever since he entered Gotham a few weeks ago, at first he just thought Slade was here to kill, but it was only when he heard that Havenbarrow was missing it's resident hero,Renegade, that he got suspicious." Nightwing paused letting Artemis make the connections.

"Ryland Wilson is Slade Wilsons adopted son, Richard Grayson told me he left school in a hurry today after a phone call, Slade is Deathstroke,  so Ryland must be Renegade, and he's a transfer from Havenbarrow." Artemis stated everything she knew about Ryland at this point in time.

Nightwing nodded."There's alot going on behind the scenes that you don't know, but Batman was Rylands legal guardian... I'll explain everything at the cave later once Ryland is free."

As they looked around the room, they saw how awful Slade Wilson really was, he was sitting on a chair a knife in his had with Ryland lying on the floor unmoving and unresponsive, he was bleeding out severally and his eyes were almost glazed over, unfocused if you will.

"Tigress!" Nightwing shouted as he battled against Slade, she understood perfectly, she rushed forwards and picked up the slightly smaller than Nightwing Ryland, she rushed down the fire-escape doing her best not to jostle him too much as she called the cave to get the medical bay ready. She thanked God that there was a Zeta tube in the alleyway across from this one, as she sprinted across the street she heard a gun fire multiple times but she didn't have time to worry about Nightwing, she hoped he'd be alright and that none of those bullets actually hit him.

The zeta tube announced her arrival along with an authorised guest. As she placed him down onto a medical bed Artemis could have sworn she heard him splutter a weak 'thank you' Black canary took over and ushered the hero out of the room to get to work, Dinah would be questioning Artemis later as to why she brought a seemingly random civilian into the cave, it could compromise their identies....