Chapter 6

"Devine demon blood, master Bruce?"
Alfred raised an eyebrow. He was positive the man had finally lost it for good but he decided that in a world where Master dick, Tim, and Todd cos played as Black canary the Huntress and Catwoman to save batman from the joker that it won't be the strangest thing to happen in the world of violent vigilantes. "Ra's Al Ghoul gave me this." Alfred turned his gaze to a book that looked well over a hundred years old. I have a sample of his blood also, "I've asked Ryland to come over for few hours while I do a blood comparison, I want to know if Ra's was telling the truth when he told me he didn't the blood of the devine demon."

"Very good, master Bruce, but what is Demon blood exactly?" Alfred questioned. "It's blood, but it has the same chemicals found in a lazzarus pit, I've visited one of the pits and took a sample, I'm going to Compare that to Rylands blood to see just how much of the lazzarus pit he has in his bloodstream."

"What will that do to him? The pits can keep one young and even bring back the dead, correct?" Alfred asked concerned, he didn't Master Ryland to be harmed by this.

"They can also make someone insane, after coming back from death or using it, but that's only temporary, I can't imagine what it would do to Rylands brain with him constantly being in contact with it."

"Has he always had this blood?" Alfred heard Bruce mutter.

"It could have been dormant." Alfred suggested. "Perhaps death was the trigger to awaken the chemicals and bring him back?" Bruce grimaced slightly as he remembered all the times Ryland had died, each death more horrific than the last.

"Slade, Ra's told me that he had been payed by Slade to use the pit to bring Ryland back, I think it was the shock of dying and coming back and the exposure of those chemicals both at once to activate this demon blood." Alfred nodded, both men were brought from their deep thoughts as the zeta tube went off announcing Oriole's arrival.

"Computer, change zeta code name, Renegade D69" they both heard the man's angry reply and both chuckled slightly. "Also, Bruce, you owe me a few zeta tubes in Havenbarrow, I had to drive for two days stopping in each city to get back." Bruce facepalmed when he realised that he had forgotten that he had promised Ryland zeta tubes around Havenbarrow.

"I'll have them installed over the next month, they have been built, I've just been far too busy." Bruce replied as he embraced his son, he pulled up the camera feed from the zeta tube outside of Artemis Crocks apartment.

"I see you took inspiration from the batmobile." Bruce smiled slightly "that and you made a new friend."

"Oh, speaking of new friends, I have a situation." Ryland explained to Bruce about the boy, who's name he discovered was Jackson, Bruce laughed as he conjured the image of Ryland trying to train a partner without loosing his temper, and failing miserably. Ryland scowled though it didn't reach his eyes.

"It isn't funny! I can't get him to listen!"

"Then train him, it always worked out for me." Bruce suggested.

"Jason died!" Ryland exclaimed his voice echoed throughout the large cave.

Bruce shrugged. "And he was brought back with a lazzarus pit... take your wins with your losses." Bruce then added.

"I'm not putting Jackson in danger, after this thing with Slade blows over I might consider it, but I don't want to give slade another thing to hold over my head, that was how he kept me in line the first time, by threatening to kill Alfred."

"You know he wouldn't be able to get down here." Bruce frowned. "The securi-" he was cut off by Ryland. "I wasn't taking chances, not with Alfreds life on the line."