Chapter 4

Ra's Al ghoul walked towards his balcony, he was in his penthouse that was located in the centre of Havenbarrow, why such a crime ridden city you may ask? Well he was here for a certain man, His penthouse was directly opposite the Wilson industries tower, a risky move but it had it's advantages, for starters Renegade was alone, an easier target, he never let any other heroes into his city, this eliminated the possibility of the bat showing up.

Or so he thought... A black mass kicked him in the face sending him flying through his glass doors. His eyes widened as he saw Batman.. Why was he here! So far from gotham! Havenbarrow was the furthest city from gotham in the world, it was so far away that there was no contact from other cities had ever been made, nobody knew about this place it was practicality non existant in the eyes of the world, it wasn't on any map and people who did discover it either died or became criminals, Ra's was sure that for years not even Batman knew about it, who told him! Realisation dawned on the man, the only person who did know about it , who had connections to the likes of the bat.... Renegade. Ra's eyed the man carefully, he has no weapons to defend himself against the bat should he attack, his body posture told him he was likely too unless he started talking.

"Detective, what an unexpected visit."

"Slade Wilson, formerly dead, your daughter brought him back, Why!" batman growled.

"You have a thing for short sentences." Ra's noted wryly, a pained cry then echoed throughout the room as Ra's clutched his broken hand.

"Tell me!" Batman growled, he wasn't playing games. Not now. Not when Ryland was involved.

"If Talia brought back the mercenary then it's news to me, detective, I don't involve myself in her schemes." Ra's grunted in pain, Batman growled as he sensed the man was telling the truth.

"Then you can help me with a different matter!"

"The lazzarus pit, can it bond with the blood of humans?" Ra's was taken aback by the question at first until he understood, all the times Slade payed him to use his lazzarus pit.. For Renegade.

"It can, but only to those with the blood of the devine demon."

"Do you have this blood?"

"No, detective, I don't,but you're welcome to take a blood sample if you don't believe me."

"I will, and I don't." the dark Knight growled. "Tell me everything you know about this devine demon blood!"
_____

The hairs on Rylands arms prickled in
warning, a cold shiver raced down his spine, he had left the place known as the new cave which apparently had been blown up and then rebuild underground. He was exploring the forest area's, he wasn't alone, his well trained eyes could see a figure moving quickly among the tree line, they were in the branches claoked in the shadows cast by the tall oaks. To the normal person they would assume that they were alone, call him crazy and wind up dead.

"Elijah." He felt a familiar warmth behind him, the same warmth he felt that night when they first met.

"Miss me, beloved?" the taller assassin from the Leauge of shadows asked, his arms snaked around Rylands waist. He grunted when he recived a hard elbow to the stomach. Ryland now free from his grip Could now turn to face the taller and slightly older male.
There was a three year age gap between them, he was twenty two.

"I'm not your beloved, it was a one night stand." he hissed, he was on edge, not because of Eli but because he had over heard Dick tell Bruce that Slade had escaped, and yes he knows, it's probably not a good idea for him to be outside alone as he's an easier target but to be honest he couldn't give a shit if Sade wanted him then he can come and get him.