Chapter 1: The Quest (and Prologue)

This was Percy's year. He was on his way to spend his summer at camp half-blood bragging to his friends about how great college was. He sped his way down the familiar road eager to reach the camp. He hadn't seen Annabeth since winter break. He wondered if she missed him as much as he missed her. Finally he pulled up to the turn-off and parked his car in the trees.

        He hiked his way over the hill, past Thalia's tree, and overlooked the valley. He breathed in a deep breathe of strawberry scented air and thought to himself " Its good to be home."

        Percy unpacked in his cabin, empty as usual. This year he had been able to pack everything he could need. For once he hadn't been attacked by a monster before he cam here. Right before he was about to leave his cabin and go search for Annabeth a little bird flew in with a note and dropped it in front of Percy.

It Read:

" Welcome Back Mr. Jacklinson,

I'm sure you have things you want to attend to, but there are urgent matters that require your assistance. Please meet up at the big house ASAP.

                                                                                                                    -D"

" i guess mr. d has gotten more eloquent past the last year" Percy thought. 

        He made his walk towards the big house immediately because he figured betters start off camp on a good foot rather than pissing Mr. D off in the first hour.

        When he stepped in the room it look the same, with diet Pepsi cans everywhere and a deck of cards on the table. No one was in the front room, so he went out back and found Mr. D, Chiron, and Annabeth sitting on the back porch looking bored.

        "Percy!" Annabeth squealed as she lept out of her chair to hug him.

They caught up for about 5 min. before Mr. D became annoyed.

        "Alright that's enough! i called both of you up here for a reason, not just to play kissy face!"

        "Alright Mr. D i'm sure they are aware that we have a serious mission for them." said Chiron

"What is it?" asked Percy.

"Well sit down and we'll talk."

So Percy sat down and poured himself a glass of ice tea immediately turning it blue.

" Basically your mission right now is to pick up two half bloods and bring them to our camp safely. It is at the utmost importance that you get them here as fast as possible, so we spoke to Zues abou-" Said Chiron

"You really called up two senior half bloods with responsibilities to babysit some pre teen brats on a plane? Wouldn't this job be better for some younger half blood?" said Percy

"Mr Jackson you have no idea how important these girls will be to the future of-" shouted Mr. D

" That's all that they need to know Mr. D. The less they know about these girls the safer they will be." interupted Chiron.

"I think we have every right to know exactly what were doing in the quest." stated Annabeth.

"And you will, after they are safe and sound here." said Chiron

"Are they that important that some monster might attack them the minute they step out of their house?" asked Percy

" Yes. they are, i would tell you who their parents are but that information will be kept confidential until you get them here. Its better if they don't know who their parents are either, it will attract more monsters if they did know." 

They prattled details for a good while longer until Chiron handed then their plane tickets and told them their flight left at noon. Since it was supposed to be a quick day trip both Percy and Annabeth packed light with monster defense tools. they got into Percy's car and drove to the airport where they boarded and without a hitch were in the air.

" So what were their names again?" asked Percy

" Their names are Melani, who is 16, and Layna, who is 17."

"Thats kind of late to be coming to camp, are they minor gods' children?"

" I'm not sure Percy, Chiron didn't tell me anything more than they will meet us at LAX in the food court at 1."

For the rest of the flight Percy and Annabeth caught up on each others year and wondered about what this summer would hold.

AN: Most of the story won't be in this point of view, i just needed to get this information out there :) and sorry for any mistakes.