Prolouge

"Welcome class to the Pokemon school! Since this is everyone's first day here we will get to know everyone!" Professor Oak scanned the class, some kids eager and some with their heads on the desk. His attention averted to you and you instinctively avoideed the eye contact. 'Please not me.. Please not me...'  "Now, may you begin? Remember to introduce yourself and tell us an interesting fact about you" Professor Oak asked and you looked up to meet his gaze and see his eyes fixed on you. Your stomach knotted as you shakily stood up to face the class. I'm just here to learn about pokemon not make friends! 

"I-Im (Y/N) and.. Um.. And.. " There's nothing interesting about me! "And I like to explore.. " Your face turned red and you sat down.

"Good. Next" The professor looked at the boy next to you and he stood up confidently.

"I'm Makoa Kukui but you can just call me Kukui and I want to become the best pokemon trainer!" He smiled widely and sat back down.

You rubbed your shoulder and didn't listen to everyone's introductions other than Kukui's.  You ruminated about how dumb you probably sounded and how much the others probably despised you.

When the bell was rung by Komala you gathered your things and left. You didn't have a Pokemon partner to walk home with, which made you feel a little sad. Before you could lament about it too much a crowd suddenly ran by you shouting:

"Kukui got a Litten! A Litten! Let's go see it!" 

Kukui? Oh right that guy.. 

You wanted a Pokémon from the town's professor too, but your parents wouldn't let you get one. Fortunately you were given a pokedex from professor oak and some pokeballs just in case.

As you walk, you see a black and blue fox walk across the dirt road a bit ahead of you.

"There it is! Catch that shiny Zorua!" A woman yelled off into the distance, the sound of running and shouting gradually getting closer and closer

"Yes ma'am" the soldiers responded as they marched over to you and Zorua stood there, confused. Worried and Distressed, you call out to the pokemon "run!" The pokemon doesnt seen to understand why though, so it walks towards you. 

"No! Run!" You see the soldiers with a big red letter R on their black uniforms and realize it's too late for you to . 

"That Pokemon will make me a fortune! Grab it now!" You gasp and run to the Pokémon  and grab it. "I'm sorry im trying to save you!" The Zorua yipped in surpirse but put up no fight against your arms.

"Hey that kid is getting away with my shiny Zorua! I don't care what you have to do, GET THEM!!" 

"YES MA'AM!!"

Oh no, I might be a little late getting home..