Arc 1: Chapter Sixteen

That you were my heart, you were in my head
Now you're waking up here in my bed

Lucy turns in the bed. It was morning right now, and also their last day here. Tomorrow they'd be catching a flight back home.

She turns to give her son a hug, only to realise his head was hot. Lucy sits up, and grabs the thermometer, checking his temperature to see a fever of 103.

"Dammit," Lucy curses pulling out her phone.

"Natsu!" Lucy Calls as soon as he answers the phone.

"Luce it's 3 am here, what are you-"

"We need to get home, Luke has a fever of 103. Please call the jet."

"I will Luce, but I should come home too-"

"Your at work Natsu, we'll be fine." Lucy suggests and Natsu can't help but agree, also telling them to be at the airport in two hours, giving them enough time to pack up and head home.

"Luke...how you feeling?" Lucy Asks her son once their on the plane. He was cuddled up in a blanket and had just taken some medicine.

Luke Responds with a groan and Lucy can feel her heart twitch. If she could take all this pain she would.

***********

For the next two days, Lucy had taken care of Luke, and his fever was down to 101 now, so clearly everything worked, but he wasn't out of the woods just yet. Lucy was so caught up with taking care of him she didn't notice her husband walk through their house.

"Your...back early...?" She asks confused.

"You weirdo, it's been two days since you last called. I finished by business trip."

Lucy gapes, but quickly yawns afterwards.

"You look-"

"A mess I know,"

"I was actually going to say beautiful," He says pulling her close to him.

"Your warm..." she whispers.

"And I'm pretty sure your sick." Says Natsu, touching her head.

"Am not-" But Lucy was interrupted by herself sneezing.

"To bed you go...I should make some soup. I know Luke suffered with your cooking."

"No...I had Levy bring him meals." Says Lucy, suddenly feeling weaker.

"That was a good call," Says Natsu giving Lucy some medicine. "Will this put me to sleep?" She Asks.

"Of course. That's what you need." Lucy pouts but Natsu only smiles as he takes her to bed.

"Also, I fixed our nanny problem. I found us another nanny." Says Natsu. Lucy yawns. "Who? And when can she start?"

"She's actually here right now. I let her settle down. She has a child, but that won't get in the way of her caring for Luke."

"Hm...I guess that's fine. What's her name?"

"Well...actually...it's someone you know."

Lucy yawns again. "Really...who?" Natsu gulps. "It's Touka..." he says.

"Touka..." Lucy tries to recall and then it hits her. "W-what? I don't want that..." but she was already sleep.