Arc 1: Chapter Eleven

Arc 1: Chapter Eleven:

"We're here Dan, we have what you what do give us what you want?" Says Natsu, tossing the bag of money towards him, his eyes on a tied up Luke and Wendy.

"Hm, this looks like all of the money, but, I think I still need one more thing," says Dan.

"And what the hell is that?" Asks Natsu, doing all the talking.

"Your wife of course. She's the whole reason I'm doing this." Says Dan, and Lucy and Natsu are taken aback.

Natsu pulls Lucy closer to him. "She's not for sale, sorry." He says, but Lucy pushes him away.

"Well actually...I think it'd be nice to runaway with Dan..."

"What?!" Natsu yells surprised.

"You heard me. I wanna be with him. Honestly the only reason I'm with you is because of your money, I have all of that since I'm your wife now, I can get child support, sorry Natsu but I'm leaving." But Natsu was too smart to actually believe Lucy wanted this.

Lucy goes into Dan's awaiting arms and kisses him on the cheek.

"See Natsu, all of what you had is mine now! It's all mine-" but Dan was cut off by a gunshot hitting him in the stomach.

Lucy sighs wiping her hands as she puts the gun away as she rushes to untie Wendy and Luke.

"Mommy-"

"I know, I know, shh." She shushes her sobbing son. "I'm sorry Lucy...Natsu...I should've done something, but since I'm too weak Luke got hurt." Says Wendy as Natsu goes to comfort her.

"Your not weak. Dan taking you two was unexpected...and I'm not sure what he wants." Says Natsu, comforting his little sister.

"He's right Wendy...we both know you did all you-" but Lucy stops as she sees a gunshot coming straight towards Natsu as she jumps in-front of him, taking it on.

"Lucy!" Natsu calls immediately going to her side. "Wendy, call an ambulance and the police and get Luke to safety. I'll handle this bastard." Says Natsu with venom.

Wendy nods and picks Luke up along with grabbing her phone as they hurried to somewhere safer.

Natsu pulls out a gun once there gone. "You know, I should kill you since you harmed my Luce." Says Natsu. "Don't Natsu." Lucy says in her weakened voice."

"I won't, but you may have a painful ass death." Says Natsu drooping the gun and taking him head on.

"Be careful Natsu..." Lucy mumbles clutching her side, and all she saw was darkness.

**********

A few minutes after Lucy passed out, the cops arrived and immediately took Dan to jail, along with the ambulance grabbing Lucy. Natsu rode alongside her while Wendy and Luke followed in the limo he called for them.

Now, Natsu had Luke in his hands, waiting for Lucy to wake up. Wendy was outside the room, along with some of their other friends.

"Is mommy going to be alright...?" Luke questions holding on tightly to his fathers neck.

"...mhm...of course I am..." says the voice of Lucy herself. Luke smiles and hugs her, knowing not to hug too tightly because of her wounds.

"Mommy your awake!" Says Luke, watching as she sits up.

"Of course, you boys couldn't get rid of me that easily." She says turning to Natsu.

"You idiot." He says immediately.

"What?" She asks.

"Why would you take a bullet for me?!" He asks.

"Because Natsu, I don't wanna see you hurt and-"

"I don't wanna see hurt!" He responds as Lucy stays quiet. "Look, I love you Luce, and I could've handled that bullet just fine."

"But what if you didn't..." she pouts.

"And what if you didn't? What if you hadn't of woke up?"

Lucy stays silent, as Natsu puts his hand in hers. "Look Luce...there's something I need to tell you..."

Lucy looks at him, noticing the serious tone.

"W-we...lost our baby. You were pregnant."