CHAPTER SIX: THE RETURN OF RICKEY XU

also known as:

( the body, part one )

◌◌◌

◌◌◌

Jackie was the first to move from her place. She only stared at her brother for a few seconds before vaulting over the couch and crushing him with a tight hug. Rickey laughed at his younger sister as their parents joined the hug. 

Jackie suddenly started to squirm out of the circle, yelling about how she was being crushed under their dad. She eyed the older man as she fixed her hair, soon turning towards Rickey. "How old are you now? 65?"

Rickey rolled his eyes at the comment. He had been away from home for a while, about two years if Shay's memory was correct. "Ha-ha, very funny. 25 and richer than you, that's why I'm out of the house."

Jackie only flipped the older young man off, earning a smack on the hand by Pamela. Shay watched her family interact with a smile, eyes traveling over to Wesley. It took much more effort than it should have to keep her eyes from roaming over his body. She only gave him a passing glance before looking back to her family with an even brighter smile.

Her older brother had noticed his youngest sister's stillness and ran over to pick her up. Shay let out a shriek at the abrupt motion before deciding to beat against him so that he would let her down. Rickey only laughed and tossed her over his shoulder, earning a huff from the small teen.

"What the hell do they feed you at stunt school?"

"I've been out of school, you know that. I'm just getting ready to become Hollywood's next heartthrob." he flashed a pearly white smile to his family, earning a scoff from his other sister. 

"More like heart attack. You'll never make-" 

"Jacqueline Xu." Bruce suddenly cut the girl off. The named young woman widened her eyes as she gave her father a sheepish smile. 

"Sorry, no making fun of each other's hopes and dreams." 

It was a rule within the household not to belittle anyone's plans for the future. The rule had been only one of many that Bruce and Pamela set for their future children together, back when they had first gotten together. Bruce had come from a very judgmental family, one that tried to crush his dream of owning his own business someday, insisting that he would never make it as a minority and to stop having unrealistic dreams. They outright disowned him for marrying Pamela, already having been in the process of doing so after Bruce had Rickey out of wedlock with another woman. He wasn't going to make that same mistake with Jackie and he was madly in love with Pamela anyway. 

Said woman looked over her step-son with pride, "Did you boys need something to eat?"

"We already ate after I picked him up from the airport, Mrs. Xu." Wesley piped up from the corner. He was almost too good at playing the boy next door.