CHAPTER NINE: UNBRIDLED FEAR

also known as:

( the monster, part one)

( triggering topic ahead, read with caution )

◌◌◌

◌◌◌

Shay couldn't keep herself from pacing outside of her front door. It was late at night and the last thing that she wanted was for any of her family to ask her where she'd been. The entire night was sticking to the back of her brain and all she wanted to do was forget it. Nancy had gotten the worst of it, but Shay still felt violated. Nancy wouldn't utter what she'd seen while in that other place and judging by how horrified she looked, Shay knew it was something that shook her to her core. Something that took all of the fundamentals of her beliefs and replaced them with unimaginable atrocities.

The thought of it made Shay's skin crawl the longer she stood alone in the dark. The girl put a shaky hand on the doorknob and turned, finding the downstairs of her home empty, save for Wesley, who sat on the sofa watching a movie. 

She looked around for a moment, before standing behind the sofa and bending over towards him. "Meet me in my room when everyone's asleep." 

She wasn't even sure if she wanted to have sex tonight, but she just needed to be distracted from her own thoughts. Shay might not have believed in monsters, but that didn't stop her brain from coming up with terrifying ones that continued to creep her out. 

Shay ended up getting in the shower while she waited for Wesley to join her and was in the process of detangling her hair when he finally did. She smiled at him through the mirror, watching as he took a seat on her bed and waited for her to finish. Once she was done, the brunette wasted no time in crawling on top of her lover and pressing their lips together. 

Shay's curls covered their faces partially, giving them what felt like more privacy. She smiled at the curtain of hair covering them, ignoring the droplets of water that fell onto her shoulders. Wesley pulled back for a moment before deciding to flip their positions so that he was over her. 

Both parties were full enamored with each other, paying attention only to the other, as a loud knock sounded outside of Shay's window. The young man pulled away from the teenager, who only pushed him to ignore it. They did so for a few more moments up until the knocking grew persistent.

Shay looked towards her window and grumbled, fixing her nightgown as she got from underneath Wesley. "Hide in the closet, I'll see." 

He didn't need further instruction, which Shay was glad for. She waited until he was fully hidden before even walking towards the window. After checking that her clothes didn't look rumpled and that her hair hadn't been messed with by hands other than her own, the teenage girl opened her curtains and window to find... Steve Harrington?