Chapter 2

Skye and Jason had been laying low for a week, watching Batman take down criminals from the shadows and getting all the information they could from people around the city about Joker and Harley Quinn. Now though Jason was not only impatient but also furious. Skye glanced at him from where she was hiding in the shadows as they watch Batman and his new Robin fighting, as she watched though she could see how familiar the moves were and even with a mask on and facing the other way she knew: it was Damian.

            “We should go.” Skye told him.

            “He replaced me!” Jason growled. “I’ve been ‘dead’ for five years and he replaced me…”

            “Jason, he replaced Dick and I with you so get over it.”

            He turned to glare at her but let out a sigh. “Why didn’t you kill him when you had the chance…?”

            “He’s my father!”

            “He killed you.”

            “The Lazarus Pit messes with your mind I’ve told you that. It plays with your emotions and enhances your hatred.” Skye hissed at him. “Now let’s go before they find us… or with you ranting like that hear us.”

            Jason looked back one last time at the new Robin before following his partner, she did have a point; Bruce was getting older and didn’t have much luck with keeping apprentices. Perhaps this one would take Batman’s place someday and have a new Robin of his own. When they got back to their apartment he fell back onto the couch and stared at the ceiling, Skye gave him a concerned look as she passed by but didn’t say anything and got some chips to eat.

            Eventually the silence got to him and he sat up. “Who do you think will replace Joker and Harley? You know… once I kill them.”

            Skye put down the bag of chips and sat beside him. “Well who replaced Riddler, Two-Face, and Poison Ivy?”

            “Well that guy called Penguin is new to town, and the crazy Wonderland guy Hatter Batman put away yesterday… then for Ivy? Well I’m not sure yet. Maybe we’ll see them tomorrow.”

            “I can tell you who right now though.” Skye smirked. “It’s a guy called Black Mask. I talked to some of his men earlier this week to get information on Joker.”

            “And I wasn’t invited?” Jason gave her an injured look. “At least tell me what they said.”

            “He’s going to work with Joker… I’m not sure on what, only that it will probably be very bad.”

            “Until Joker goes behind Mask’s back and it blows up in his face.”

            “I’m going to make a deal with him and start ‘working’ for Black Mask to get more information. I join tomorrow are you coming?”

            “I’m not working for a maniac. If I’m going to run or even join in their criminal games I’m going to go solo… assuming you’re still going to infiltrate Black Mask’s organization.”

            Skye thought it over for a few moments. “You could go solo… it could help us, while I join Mask’s gang. We could get even more information and possibly followers who’ll fight with us.”

            “So it’s a plan?” Jason grinned and got closer to her. “We’re going to start an all out drug war.”

            “Yeah. Guess so.”

            “You know if I have to fight you I won’t go easy.”

            “Jason please, I’d destroy you if we fought.” Skye rolled her eyes and laughed slighting before being pushed off the couch and getting Jason’s boot planted on her back.

            “Whatever.”

            “That doesn’t count. We weren’t sparing.” Skye grumbled good-naturedly. “Now let me up I have to make sure I’m ready for tomorrow.”