11. Day 1 in Hawaii

"So you knew Miss Nayeon beforehand?" Choi Youngjae asks me.

"Yeah."

"Oh," he smiles, "be comfortable around me then."

It's so obvious that he wants to flirt with Nayeon. The only thing is that he is not good with it and Nayeon seems to pay no heed to him.

"I think he likes Nayeon," Jimin states after Youngjae leaves.

For the next hour we focus on cooking. We had arrived in a luxurious villa which has a nice view of the ocean. We were joined by three more guests on the plane - Jung Eunha, Kim Umji and Jeon Jungkook. And reaching here, we are joined by even more guests - Francisco from Spain, Bentley from Australia, Jennifer and Ian from USA, Frieda from England and Eden from France. This whole thing sounds more like an international convention than a vacation.

For the first night here, Youngjae has promised his friends a Korean dinner. So here we are, preparing it. Jimin works on the bulgogi and I chop vegetables while revising English vocabulary in my mind. We have to communicate with English here because most of us speak different languages.

"Hi," Nayeon's voice calls out from behind us and we turned to look at her.

"Hi," Jimin and I say together, making him laugh.

"Thank you for not bursting Youngjae's and Jaebeom's bubbles," Nayeon leans on the counter beside me.

"What's the deal?" Jimin steals the words out of my mind.

"As you know, Jaebeom thinks Jeongyeon is a guy. He is annoyed whenever I befriend a male. He wants me to marry someone whom he knows, or to be more accurate whom he can control. He really doesn't like the friendship between you and me, especially since you came to home and office. He thinks if I become close to a guy I might end up dating him. I want to keep pissing him off by letting him think you are a guy."

"Let's do that. I don't like his face," I say without hesitation. Jimin and Nayeon both chuckle.

"Thank you," she smiles.

For a while, Jimin and I silently cook and Nayeon just quietly watched us.

"What kind of vacation is this, that looks like UN meeting?" I ask to make conversation.

"Why a UN meeting?"

"There are too many countries."

"Are you going to talk about world peace?" Jimin adds.

Nayeon chuckles, "We went to the same business school in England. This is our first get-together after our graduation."

"I guess, everyone is silver spooned like you. Hey Jimin-a, we are the smallest persons here," I say.

"Don't say that," Nayeon scolds. "You are a better person than anyone here."

"Nayeon, what are you doing there?" Youngjae interrupts. "Everyone is looking for you." He takes Nayeon away.

"Interesting lot," Jimin says, when we think they must have gone away from earshot.

I agree, "Looks like it's gonna be an eventful vacation.

* * *

Youngjae has two waiters to serve the dinner. I want the diners to be served as soon as possible but since there are too many side dishes, it's taking time. Out of habit, I grab a tray and load it with some of the side dishes and carry it to the dinning table. We do it in Heaven, the cooks sometimes go out with a plate or mop the floor later, since we all live together we run it like a family business.