Part 2 - New Company

Helloo! Yes, I am aware that this chapter isn't very good, but I promise, I've already started writing the rest, and it get better. Read, Vote, Comment, bake a cake, listen to Mumford and Sons, do whatever:')

Part 2:

“So, Emilia is your twin?” Stefan asked, from the other side of the room, sat in the giant armchair. Elena nodded. She was sat next to me, and Damon, the one with deep, hopelessly amazing black eyes was stood not facing us, looking out of the big panelled glass windows.

“That would be true,” I said, smiling at him. Stefan was my sisters boyfriend of about eighteen months, and even though I had only ‘met’ him a few hours ago, I knew he really loved her. But, I was honestly dying what happened her and her long-time best friend, Matt. They had dated, and the last thing I knew, they still were.

But apparently the sharp featured, well mannered boy that sat in front of me was the exception to what I believed.

“Well, they certainly look a like, brother,” Damon said sarcastically, “So unless Miss Emilia here is another reincarnation of dear Katherine,” He said this name in a voice filled with lust and anger, and Stefan tensed up, “I doubt otherwise.”

Elena fell quite, and the smile dripped from her face. I felt curious.

“Who’s Katherine?” I asked to the silent room. Elena opened her mouth, eyes wide, but before she could say anything, Damon was stood in front of me, his nose almost touching mine.

“No-one,” He said, his voice emotionless and empty, “And if your clever, unlike your sweet sister here, you’ll never mention that name in my presence again. Understand?” I nodded meekly, trying not to meet his eyes. I felt something different about Damon. Around Elena and Stefan I felt.. Strangely comforted and safe. But Damon made me feel on edge, almost as if I was about to be hurt any minute.

He stared at me with those soulless eyes for a minute or two more, before growling, and turning away. He bent down to Stefan, and whispered something in his ear, before standing next to him, back straight, arms held behind his leather jacket, and head high. Almost as if he had been trained to stand like that.

“So, Emilia, tell us a bit about you.” Stefan smiled, and leant forward on his knees, keeping an eye on Damon stood at his side.

“Well.. After our parents died, I was… cut up. So were Elena, and Jeremy, but I.. I wasn’t right. I was having nightmares, and hallucinations, so I had to get away for a bit. I moved  around for weeks until I finally decided to settle in Ireland for a year, where a pen pal of mine lived, and went to school, learnt some new languages, and now I finally think I’m ready to move back home.”

“And we’re finally ready to have you back. It was hard letting you go, Em.” Elena hugged me again, and I hugged her back, feeling at home, for the first time since they died.

“Good.”

I wanted to get the attention of off me. Immediately.

“So, what about Bonnie, and Matt.. And Caroline?” I asked about our three best friends. Elena stifled a giggle as Stefan laughed openly.

“What’s the joke?” I asked, watching the two people laugh unable to stop.

“Bonnie’s.. Magical.” Stefan answered and even Damon cracked a smile.

“And Caroline and Matt.. Are normal.” Elena said, cracking up again.

Apparently I wasn’t going to get much more than that. I stood up, and brushed my hair through with my fingers. “Elena.. I’m going to go get my bags from the car, okay? I’ll be back in a minute.”