v. - mike's house

THE HAWKINS CASE !

THE WEIRDO ON MAPLE STREET
FIVE — MIKE'S HOUSE

                                          "We'll just eat then go downstairs and tell El the plan," Mike told Lucy. "Do you think she'll go along with it?" She asked him while she brushed her hair. "She will. You don't think she'll want to live in my basement forever do you?" "I don't know. She looked pretty scared last night." Lucy shrugged.

"Come on, let's just get this over with," Mike said heading over to his door. "Yeah, sure." Lucy sighed following after him. With how many times Lucy has stayed over at the Wheeler house it had basically become her second home. She was so used to coming down the stairs with Mike and just eating breakfast with them.

Most of the time they'd just eat eggos, which Lucy loved since she never had any at her own house. Her dad was all about eating healthy. "Slow down, guys. That's disgusting." Nancy told them both as they shoved eggos into their mouth. Normally they would've taken their time, but today was kind of a special occasion. With Eleven and all.

"Do a lot of studying last night?" Mike asked through his full mouth. "Yeah, actually, I did." "What was your test on again? Human anatomy?" Nancy kicked out towards her brother's leg, Mike kicking back at her. Both of them nearly kicking Lucy who sat between them.

"Hey, what's going on?" Mrs. Wheeler asked the two of them. "Nothing." Mike wiped his mouth before leaning towards Lucy. "Let's go down and talk to her now." Lucy glanced at him and nodded. Shoving the rest of her eggo into her mouth.

Sitting down in front of the fort Mike reached up and grabbed the blanket and pulled it up. El sat inside fiddling with Mike's walkie-talkie. "Hey, you found my supercomm. Pretty cool, huh? I talk to my friends with it. Mostly Lucas and Lucy 'cause they live so close. Signal's pretty weak."

"Hey, we brought you breakfast!" Lucy said pulling the two eggos out of Mike's jacket pocket that she shoved in their earlier. "Figured you'd be pretty hungry." Waving the two eggos around lightly in the air El carefully took it from her. Taking a bite out of one.

"So listen, this is gonna sound a little weird, but I just need you to go out there. Then go to the front door and ring the doorbell. My mom will answer and you'll tell her that you're lost and that you need help. But whatever you do, you can't tell her about last night or that you know me or Lucy. Understand?"

El didn't say anything to him. She simply just looked at him while eating her eggos. "Really, it's no big deal. We'll just pretend to meet each other again. And my mom, she'll know who to call." "No." El simply replied. "No?" Lucy questioned squatting down beside's Mike. "No," El repeated.

"So, you don't want help?" Lucy asked. From the way she was acting last night she could tell something was up, but she still thought she'd at least want help rather than sleeping out in Mike's basement. "You're in trouble, aren't you?" Mike asked her. "Who... Who are you in trouble with?"

"Bad," El whispered. "Bad? Bad people?" El nodded at him. "Do the bad people want to hurt you?" Lucy asked. Instead of getting a nod or a simple yes El raised her hand up. Her fingers in a gun formation. Pointing it at her head before pointing it at both Lucy and Mike. "Understand?"

"Michael, Lucy, where are you? We're going to be late. Let's go!" Mrs. Wheeler called. "All right, I'll be back. Just stay here, okay? Stay here." Mike stammered before pulling down the blanket covering up Eleven.

Lucy stayed down by the floor for a few seconds a little shaken by the news. These bad people wanted to kill her... and then they'd kill her and Mike?