Don't You Dare

Peter had a pretty rough night that night.

He had done some studying, and fallen into a very interrupted sleep. Something about how everything went down didn't sit well with him.

Maybe it was the way he spoke to May. Maybe it was the conversation he had with Ned. Maybe it was the feeling that he had let MJ down, yet again.

He got up early for school, knowing it would kill him to have to leave MJ, and knowing she would be heading home today. He wasn't sure exactly when they were going to see each other next.

He lay awake in the dark, staring at the ceiling when his alarm went off for the third time.

"What am I doing?" He sighed, sitting up, then reaching over to turn the light off.

There was a small knock on the door.

"Peter, are you up?" He heard May say.

"Yeah, I'm up." Peter called back, his voice sounding hoarse.

He wondered if he was coming down with something, even though he didn't feel that bad. With his English test and SAT this week, the last thing he wanted to do was be sick.

He got ready, then started to get dressed, deciding to wear his white adidas hoodie that May had bought him recently.

Again, Peter found it weird that he just suddenly had all this nice stuff to wear.

After pulling on his jeans and slipping on some trainers, he grabbed his bag and made his way out of his room. Not downstairs to see May, who he knew would be sat by the island having her morning coffee - but down the corridor into the guest room to see MJ.

He walked quickly but quietly, almost convinced she would be fast asleep after last night.

But she wasn't.

Peter opened the door, and MJ lay down on top of the covers, looking at her phone.

"Didn't know you'd be awake." He said, shutting the door behind him.

Her eyes lit up a little, and Peter was just happy she was okay.

"I didn't sleep great." MJ swallowed, sitting up before hugging her knees close to her. "I just decided to get ready early - I was hoping to catch you before you left for school."

Peter put his bag down, then climbed unto the bed, with his shoes on. He sat cross legged, failing to stop staring at her. Her voice sounded a little hoarse too, and she looked tired. She wasn't wearing a bra, typical of MJ, Peter thought. Just a black tank top and some sweats.

"Are you okay, though?" He asked her, sincerely.

"I don't know, I've never done meth before." MJ whispered, all at once.

"What about the cramps? And the bleeding?"

"It all stopped." MJ said, quickly.

Peter nodded, pulling his hood down.

"Do you remember last night?" he asked her.

"Mmm hmm. I remember getting home and embarrassing myself in front of May." MJ sighed.

Peter sighed too.

"You don't have to be embarrassed." He muttered, shaking his head a little.

"Really?" MJ asked him. "Did you fight about me?"

Peter exhaled. He didn't want to lie to her.

"It wasn't just about you. It was about your Dad...it was stupid. I told you not to worry about it, MJ." He said.