Cute Boy From Work

"I'm working late tonight." May said. "Have a good rest of the day, Peter."

"You too. Love you, May." Peter replied, as he closed the car door shut.

He walked up to his front door, his hands shaking as he got the keys out.

Did you really just do that? Did you really just say yes to going out with Noah tomorrow?

It's not even a date. Peter thought, as he pushed the door open.

Peter closed the door behind him and immediately went into his room. He shrugged his bag off his shoulders, then grabbed his phone, speakers and some Physics homework, before heading downstairs.

Something about being cooped up in his room made Peter overthink and he was overthinking absolutely everything right now.

It's not even a date. Peter thought to himself again, as he sat at the kitchen table.

He pulled out his phone and decided to play Lil Nas X's new album. The music was loud, so drowned out all of Peter's thoughts, and he sat on the kitchen table for an hour trying to do his Physics homework, tapping his pencil on the table from time to time and singing along to the lyrics.

He tried not to think too much about the fact that he had bombed his SAT earlier, or that tomorrow, he was going to have to face his fears and finally spend time with Noah properly and get to know him.

'Rodeo' by Lil Nas X began to play from the speakers and Peter sang along loudly this time, getting up and making himself a sandwich.

He was halfway through eating when there was a knock on the door, and then the doorbell rang.

Peter looked confused as he paused the music quickly, before walking up to the door and opening it.

He was half surprised to see Maya standing there, her blonde hair tied up in a bun and mascara running down her face. She was wearing a pink Champions hoodie and black sweats. She took one look at Peter and quickly dissolved into tears.

"I didn't know where else to go." She sniffed, as Peter pulled her into a hug.

"You're okay." Peter muttered. "You're welcome here anytime, Maya."

Maya broke the hug quickly, tears still pouring down her face. She walked into Peter's living room as Peter closed the door behind her.

"Let's go sit on the couch." Peter said, as Maya followed him, still crying.

Peter sat down cross legged on the couch and Maya sat next to him, kicking off her shoes before pulling her knees into herself.

Peter handed her a box of tissues and a blanket.

"Thanks." Maya mumbled, grabbing some tissues out of the box.

Peter ran a hand through his hair, nervously.

"I'm gonna need you to calm down, okay?" He said to Maya, putting a hand on her shoulder. "I know it's hard."

Maya nodded, in between sobs, her eyes red now.

"Deep breath in." Peter said, as Maya took a deep breath in with him. "And out."

Maya exhaled slowly, closing her eyes. She still looked like she was hurting badly. And Peter hated seeing her that way.

"What's on your mind?" He simply asked her.

Maya swallowed, looking up at Peter.

"She's getting worse." Maya sniffed, drying her eyes with her tissue quickly. "And I...I don't know what to do...I- I don't know how to help her..."