Little Tiger

Peter was never that good at playing 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 4', but MJ was even worse.

She held the remote carefully in her delicate hands, her eyes squinted at the screen. Her tongue stuck out ever so slightly as she tried to concentrate, and she would gasp or swear loudly whenever her virtual self died...which had happened about twenty times now.

"Shit...shit!" MJ exclaimed again, as she lost.

She sighed loudly before dropping her remote in frustration, and then turning to look at Peter, a hopeless look on her face.

"You suck." Peter said to her, a smile creeping onto his face.

"It's a stupid game." MJ replied, matter-of-factly.

It was the first time Peter had seen her since they had all come back from the hospital together. He'd had to help May come up with a good reason for Walter to let MJ out of the house. Apparently, she was spending the weekend at Peter's house because they both had an SAT coming up on the same day, and they were apparently supposed to be studying together.

Peter hadn't really slept properly since Noah had given him that ultimatum. And Peter hadn't really seen him since, except a few times at Mr. Delmar's store when he wasn't skipping his shifts, which he had been doing to purposely avoid Noah.

Since then, they hadn't kissed, or touched, or even looked at each other in a romantic way, and Peter kind of liked that, because there was absolutely no way he could choose between Noah and MJ just yet, and he'd already explained to Noah that he needed space to make his decision.

Peter and MJ were sitting on Peter's couch, a blanket spread over both their legs. They'd been playing video games for about four hours now, and ever since MJ arrived, not even a little bit of studying had gone down.

There was an incredible smell coming from the kitchen, and May was making dinner. MJ had offered several times to help her, but May had insisted that Peter and MJ should just enjoy spending time together.

And it was nice, Peter thought. To have an evening in each other's company without Walter breathing down their necks.

MJ was wearing one of Peter's shirts - a souvenir that he'd got from the decathlon - and it was kind of like a dress on her slim body. May never seemed to mind that MJ walked around the house in one piece of clothing and just her underwear underneath.

The necklace Peter had given her was still placed firmly around her neck, and every time she made a slight movement, it would catch the light and sparkle a tiny bit.

"It's not that hard." Peter said, picking up the remote again. "The most important thing you have to do in the beginning...is find a gun, MJ. Ignore all the other shit on the ground."

"Yeah, but you'd think I need like a medical kit, or something. Isn't that also important?" MJ protested, sitting up a bit now.

"Not if someone finds you when you're not armed and fucking shoots you first." Peter retorted, manoeuvring his remote to jump out of the helicopter in the game, before sticking a perfect landing.

"Whatever." MJ said.

She lay her head down on Peter's lap and stared at the ceiling as he continued to play.

"Are you excited...for the internship?" MJ asked sarcastically.

Peter couldn't think of anything worse than spending his mid-term break running errands for Walter, being bossed around, and getting treated like he was just some kind of pet.

"No offence..." Peter began, his eyes still glued to the screen. "But I would rather die slowly than spend a week working for your dad, MJ."

MJ laughed.