Take my hand and give me a reason to start again

Arianna’s POV

“Arianna honey, wake up.  Wake up.” They said, violently shaking me awake.

Slowly, I opened my eyes.  It was a huge task, they just didn’t’ want to open.  I was dead tired, and just wanted to go back to sleep.  It wasn’t time for me to wake up was it?  Judging by the how dark it was outside, it definitely was not time for me to have woken up.  Instead of doing as they asked, I let my eyes close, and started to drift back to sleep. 

“Oh no Arianna, you need to wake up.”  So much for that dream.

“Why?” I whined, trying to keep my eyes open as I watched Sandy work her magic on all of the machines that were surrounding me.  “Why can’t I just sleep?”

She shook her head, her attention anywhere but on me.  “Because honey,” she started.  “Your BP and HR shot up a little bit.  So I had to come in here and check on you.” She said, checking my blood pressure.  “What is going on with you?” Sandy asked as she rechecked my blood pressure, not liking the first results apparently.

“What do you mean?”

Shaking her head, she put the blood pressure cuff back on the wall behind the bed.  “Something caused this to happen.”

“I had that dream again.” I answered as she stepped back slightly to look at me, knowing full well it was a lie.  Soon other doctors were rushing into my room.  Judging from the looks on their faces they were concerned.

“Arianna.” She sighed.  “You don’t have to lie to me.”

My protest went unheard as strange people kept piling into my room.  I was silent as all of these people started in on me, asking all kinds of questions that I thought had nothing to do with what had caused my vitals to spike as they had. The room was as loud as I would assume Grand Central sounded like, I wouldn’t know, I faked sick the day everyone wanted to go check it out, I’m not a huge fan of tons of people surround me with no air to breath.  Slowly all of the voices became distinct, and they were all asking the same questions over and over again.  It all became too much for me to handle.  Everything became too much for me to handle.

“I’m ready to go.” I said, barley getting my voice to get above the roar of the doctors in the room.  No one batted an eye lash at my statement.  “I’m just ready to leave.” I whined loudly, everyone stopping their rants and looking at me as if I had suddenly started to spout antlers from my head.

“Miss McMasters, it’s not time.” Someone argued against me, a man with wireless framed glasses.

“Please, I just want to go.” I pleaded, and their faces just fell as tears started to fall down my face. 

Allison and yet another doctor rushed into my room, their faces becoming extra concerned as they took in the air of confusion that had plagued the room. “What is going on?” Allison asked first.

“I want to leave Allison.” I croaked.