Down to Kokomo

Lexi’s POV

BEEP!  BEEP!  BEEP! My alarm sounded through the entire room.  I quickly silenced it, shifting in my bed, basking in the warmth.  The dreams that had plagued my sleep were weird.  All of them some strange random thing happening after the next.  Of course, I didn’t put much thought into them, not wanting to overthink why I was having to turn on all of the lights in the house.  Quickly, I jumped up and noticed how angry Ari looked in her sleep.  Again, not wanting to overthink anything, I walked towards the shower, and did that, trying to occupy my mind from it slipping towards another crazy topic.       

An hour later, I slowly walked out of the bathroom after having ran out of things to do in there.  Ari was still asleep, and here I was, dressed in comfy clothes, my make-up done, and my hair blown straight.  My best friend was a lazy girl. “Ari.” I whispered as I sat down on my bed.  “Ari.” I said a little louder.

“Hmm?” she hummed, barely acknowledging me, the nerve of her, I mean, all I really wanted was to talk to my best friend in the entire world, and she felt the need to ignore me.  What a bitch?

“You need to get up.”  I told her nonchalantly, as if going to the venue today was no big deal or anything.  In all honesty, I was trying to keep my head from going to dark thoughts about how tonight was going to go.

“I can’t.” she simply said.

“Yes you can.” I informed her.  “Just sit up and then go sit in a cold shower, and then you will be awake!” I cheered only for her to groan.

“Leave me alone.”

I did as she asked for a little bit longer, trying to find some way to occupy myself before having to try and wake her up again.  Suddenly a thought popped into my head.  “I need to sign your cast!” I yelled, quickly jumping up from my bed.

“Lexi, can you do that later?” she asked, her question nearly muffled by the cover as she shifted in her bed.  “I’m tired.” She muttered.

“Yeah, fine.” I nodded even though she didn’t see my action.  “We need to get going soon.” I said, noticing the time on my phone.

“Okay.” She simply said.

“Ari, are you even listening to me?”

“Yes.” She growled.  “We have to leave soon.  I understand.” She shot back.

“Damn.” I muttered.

“Sorry.” She simply said.

“You don’t sound sorry.”

“Lexi, I said I was sorry, therefore I am sorry.” She said, sitting up, looking at me with a face that said she was clearly done with my shit.  “You go on, okay?  I will meet you there.” She said, as she slowly stalked towards the bathroom.

“Sure.” I said as the door clicked shut.  “Nice talking to you.” I muttered, grabbing my bag and made my way out of the room.  “Hey Jess.” I called as he closed his door down the hall.

“Hey.” He smiled back.  “I was just coming to get you.  Where is Ari?” he asked, noticing I was alone. 

“She says she is going to meet us later.  Something is up with her.” I off handled said as Mason and Oliver joined Jesse and me.

“What makes you say that?” Oliver asked.

Shrugging my shoulders I started to walk away.  “She left me alone last night, and I’m not too sure when she got back.”

“I’m sure she is fine.” Mason reported. 

“I hope so.” I muttered, hoping like everything that she made it to the venue in time for the sound check.  Stella would love that, us to forgive her, and then one of us go and muck things up.  It would be just like us though.