Smoke and shattered mirrors

There were strobe lights swirling and music so loud that it made my head feel light.

A crowd of people.

A cake.

Champagne;

and a boy.

When he saw me, his face lit up and the hard mask softened.

Then darkness came... 

"please!" I shouted at a dark empty space. The darkness was suffocating.

I was suddenly in a forest surrounded by thin trees and hooting owls. The moon was as full as it could be. I was in a trail. A narrow one full of rustled leaves and dirt. I knew this trail by heart, but somehow, my memory was already blurry as my eyesight.

"StOp!" I shrieked and kept running."Leave me alone! What do you want from me?!"

I ran barefooted, the gravel and sharp rocks scratched painfully against my feet, and flowy blood red dress i wore was in tatters and dirt. But even so, I still ran. It was my first impulse, the only thing i thought about was putting as much distance between myself and whoever was chasing me.

Eventually, I found a way out to a road.

A road with a speeding car that had blinding headlights.

 I was petrified and glued into place, especially when I saw a a hooded figure sprint towards me with a knife poised high. 

My mouth gaped to shout but not a sound came.

I fear the death itself that awaited me. I fear that this might be the last night I'll ever live. The last time I could breathe .

My face was contoured in fear and despair, I even had a silent prayer that whoever was driving  saw it.

Before the car came in contact with my body, finally, I let out a piercing scream.