TWENTY SEVEN

»»————««

CAMILLE

The Australian race weekend was amazing, with Max asking Dilara that all important question after he drove into Parc Fermé and stopped his car before the number three. He rushed over to Victoria, Dilara and I, who were all quick to congratulate him, before he took Dilara's hands between his and asked her to be his girlfriend. She started crying in his arms and said yes, leaving us all to hug her silly when Max disappeared to the podium. Charles drove a great race and ended in P5; I was so proud of him and I knew he wanted to finish higher up in the points, but he was also proud of his drive and wasn't too gutted about his position.

When we arrived home in Monaco, Charles flew over to Italy for a few days to sit down with the team for some meetings, along with taking part in some new promotional activities for Ferrari. I stayed with Max while Charles was away and we had a nice time; he was there to hold me each night when I was struggling to sleep because I was away from my boyfriend. His touch was warm enough to settle me down. I missed him when he was gone, but Charles' return was exciting and I was so pleased to see him at Max's doorstep with open arms to take me home.

--

Today, we were back in sunny Bahrain, waiting for the race to begin. Charles achieved his first ever pole position in Quali yesterday and I was so happy and so excited for him. He wasn't necessarily expecting a win today, but I knew that's what he hoped for. I sat comfortably in his driver's room whilst he changed into his race suit, so in awe of him and how talented he was. Charles moved quickly to dress himself, before he stepped closer to me and reached out for my hands. I stood up and allowed him to envelope me into his warm arms.

"You are amazing, you know that?" I ran my fingers gently through his hair, rubbing his temples in a reassuring manner. "I'm so proud of you. I know you're going to smash it today, and I can't wait to see you on the podium."

"Don't get too far ahead of yourself," he sighed, as a sweet smile tugged at his lips. "I'll drive my absolute best, for you, my good luck charm."

"That's me," a giggle fell from my lips, whilst Charles lifted me into his arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist, before cupping his face with my hands. He looked so handsome in red; he made my heart flutter every time he stood before me in his damned Ferrari race suit. "You're going to be so great. I'm going to watch the race with Victoria and Dilara in Red Bull, but I'll be back afterwards."

"That's okay," Charles dropped me back to my feet, before taking me into his chest by closing his hand on the small of my back. I could see how desperate he was to kiss me, so I initiated the first move and enclosed his face between my hands. Our lips moved slowly against one another's, the warm feeling of Charles' causing a burning feeling to expand between my thighs. He stumbled backwards on his feet, still with my body tightly in his arms, and his weight rested over me as our torsos met when he fell onto the couch. I muttered, but Charles silenced me by deepening the sweet kiss, slipping his fingers towards my jeans. I lifted his hand and pushed it away, shaking my head. "Babe."

"Not now, Charles. You have places to be," I didn't want to push him away from me, because I liked the feeling of our bodies being so close together, but he was needed in the garage in a matter of minutes. "Come on. I'll go to Red Bull now so you can go to your garage, and I'll see you after the race."

Charles sighed, but slowly nodded and took up my offer. He held my hand in his and we left his room for the garage. I walked carefully beside him, admiring how he breathed so gently and with ease despite the nerves I knew would have been poking at his insides. The walk to the garage took a few minutes and when we got to the back door, Charles stopped and took both of my hands between his. I could feel his nerves now, I could see them just by looking into his eyes, but I knew he would be alright when he was in the car.