37. Claude

"Is there something on my face Mikacchi-ssu?"

Ryota blinked his golden eyes, his Junior's voice pulling him out of his thoughts before he gently shook his head, a wry laugh slipping past his lips.

"Nah, it's nothing, sorry Ryota-kun," he answered, sheepishly rubbing his left earlobe— Who kept you in the future? How could he ask such a question?

Kise tilted his head to the side in confusion, a perplex hum slipped past his lips before he flashed the older a grin. "Right, Senpai, did you come to the Interhigh?"

Ryota shook his head in denial, his hand roughly combing through his green locks as he walked to the lodges. "I didn't, how did it go?" he questioned, already knowing the answer but too preoccupied with how his presence may have changed the competition's outcome.

The blond beamed before rambling about his and his team's experience in the Interhigh. Though he had lost against Aomine's team, and he felt bitter about the two points difference, he didn't think it was as shameful as he used to.

After all, he had learned from his previous experiences. Loosing was only another way of getting stronger, though not the most agreeable, and not the way he preferred, he wouldn't make a scene. They had the Winter Cup to come back.

Ryota closely listened to the younger's words, fondly looking at him from the corner of his eyes as they neared the lodges to change their clothes and apply some makeup— this was an image of what he used to be, so carefree, so innocent really.

He still had some trouble accepting the blond's existence in the same world as him, but he was now used to it. Not that it didn't bother him, he simply dealt with it. After all, it wasn't Kise's fault, Mikaël had no right to release his nerves on him.

As they entered the room, both models were greeted by their company's stylist, makeup artists, and hairdressers. The green and blond bowed at the group, not forgetting to acknowledge their manager in the corner of the room before they got dragged into the changing rooms.

Their talk was put to a halt as the staff actively worked to change their getup. In a few minutes, they both wore their designed attire, they now sat in front of glasses to have their makeup and hair done.

This shot had the two teens starring in as the cover of the next Zunon Boys, they would try three different styles before choosing the most fitting while the others would be printed out as posters for the next issue.