Epilogue: Last Quarter

The first time he opened his eyes, he was a child like every other

He was foolish, carefree, innocent.

Naive.

He didn't understand why his parents didn't want him— nor did he realize that they didn't want him for all it mattered. Either way, the orphanage was his home, his family.

He wasn't similar to his family— physically speaking, at least.

He didn't share similar features with them. The kind lady said he was a 'foreigner.' He didn't know what a 'foreigner' was.

Not that it mattered, the kind lady said he was handsome. It was enough to quell the curiosity or disappointment he may have felt when he learned he was different.

Although his physique was different, his name wasn't.

People at the orphanage called him Hye.

The couple who adopted him made him Song Hye.

He was a foreign child in a foreign country.

::

The second time he opened his eyes, he was in his early teens.

Ten-year-old, three months, and three days.

He remembers well. After all, when he opened his eyes for the second time, he saw one of them.

He was different, older than in his memory, but it was him nonetheless.

He cried, cried, and cried in the cake shop.

Cried like there was no tomorrow.

He remembers well, it was his first time crying so much. And it was in front of his friend.

Remembering the flustered look on Zhao An— Atsushi's face, he couldn't help but laugh.