Chapter 11: Bubble Tea

A few months passed by and the pair were happier than ever. The end of school year was drawing near and finals were slowing creeping up on them. The lovebirds knew they would have to focus extra hard at studying, due to their much closer relationship than when they first became 'study buddies'. If they could keep their attention on a textbook for more than 5 minutes, it would already be an achievement. Up until this point the only true studying they did together was studying each other. Eyes, lips, hands, humor, and the various other essentials of a partner.
They decided to meet after school in the library to maintain focus and also because the librarian was extremely strict about PDA, more so than Ishimaru. As the last bell rang, dismissing all the students, both boys headed to the library with stacks of textbooks to guide their intellectual journey. Ishimaru arrived first, no surprise there, then Mondo came in and sat beside him at a table. However, they weren't going to study right away.
"How was you day??" Ishimaru smiled
"Pretty average, Mrs. Rena forgot to tell your period there's a quiz tomorrow so now you know" Mondo shrugged, leaning back in his chair.
"Another thing to study for I suppose, thank you so much for telling me!!" Ishimaru quickly pecked Mondo's cheek leaving a slight pink tint on the biker's face. Luckily, the librarian missed this or else they would've been reprimanded.
What felt like hours of hardcore studying was in reality 20 minutes of flashcards. It didn't matter to them since this technically constituted as a date to them and they already agreed to go grab some bubble tea after they finished. Ishimaru felt discouraged about these exams, as they covered the entire year and not just the first semester. Mondo noticed how laser focused the raven haired male beside him was. He placed a hand on his shoulder, snapping Kiyotaka out of his daze. He glanced over at his biker boyfriend who much to his surprise quickly kissed him.
"Don't fry your brain too much, Taka. I know you'll do excellent!" He beamed, earning a smile back from Ishimaru.
"I trust your judgement, but I'm 100% certain you will also do incredibly well!!"
The two went on playfully arguing who would do better till the librarian had to shush them for being too loud.
They quickly called it a draw and went back to their studying till it came time to vacate the library. Mondo was about to start up his motorcycle when he felt Taka tap his shoulder. He glanced back, absolutely stunned to see his boyfriend with tears in his eyes.
"Babe what's the matter? Are you hurt?" He put a hand on Ishimaru's cheek, wiping the salty raindrops away.
"I was just thinking...once we graduate I may never see you again. You might go somewhere far away or I might go somewhere far away. Even worse, both of us go far away in opposite directions!" Taka rambled on about the possibilities. Mondo listened, because his concerns were justified and he too wondered about it.
"Well if we're apart, we can always call each other," Mondo paused nearly choking on the words that followed "Taka, I love you so much. I can't imagine what I'd do if I didn't have you. You got me through rough patches, smooth patches, and everything inbetween. No distance can make me stop caring about you." He admitted, face beet red at this point. Ishimaru just stared in amazement, more tears rolling down his cheeks. However, they weren't fearful tears, they were joyful tears.
"Mondo....I love you too. You bring out the best in me and I don't even want to know what my life would be like had I not met you. When I'm with you I feel so complete, despite never realizing how much was missing before." He grinned.
The pair embraced in a tearful, but happy hug. They kissed tenderly and as the sun began to disappear in the west, the two lovers rode off to get their bubble tea.