22. Friends

Minho's P.O.V

We were kicked out of Ah Ra's house. We kept knocking hoping she would open the door.
Minho:" Ah Ra! Please help us understand." Woojin patted my shoulder.
Woojin:" Let's go, she's upset. We can talk to her when she's calm down."

We headed to our handout. In other words Woojin's place. He lived by himself, had a part time job and was going to college. Whenever he had time he would hangout with us.

Woojin open the door to his place as we walked in. We all have different emotions.
Minho:" How can she like him? He is a bad guy."
Woojin:" we don't know him. We can judge someone because the way he looks."
Minho:" But the rumors say he is a addict, get into-"
Woojin:" How do you know that? Have you seen it? He could be going through a tough time. Maybe Hyunjin and Ah Ra saw it."
Jeongin:" He looks scary, but seems nice."
Felix:" I had a hard time when I came to Korea. He is probably dealing with it definitely."
Minho:" Still he is dangerous, look how Hyunjin turn out."
Woojin:" Don't bring Hyunjin into this." I walked towards Jisung and Changbin. They worked with Chan so they must know something about him.
Minho:" How about you two? Do you know Chan well?"
Changbin:" We talk every now and then. He is a very hardworking guy."
Jisung:" Perfectly harmless."

A couple day past we all tried to talk to her. See why she cares so much for Chan. Why her mom likes Chan and not hate Chan for what he did to Hyunjin. Yeah maybe I was hating Chan for no reason, but how can I not when everything bad points to Chan.

I went to the grocery store with the boys. Planning a trip to the beach. I went to the bakery section to get bread for sandwiches. I picked up the bread and headed towards the boys when I saw Ah Ra looking at the cakes. She was smiling, moving her hair behind her ear. I walked up to her and pointed at one of the cakes.
Minho:" That one looks good."
Ah Ra:" it's too girly for Hyunjin." She looks up smiling, but her smile quickly faded as she looked at me. I looked at her confused. Did she said Hyunjin?
Minho:" Hyunjin? A cake for him....is it his birthday?" She nods and continues to look at the cakes. I helped her search for one.
Minho:" Sorry if I don't understand what you are going through. I wished I knew him better."
Ah Ra:" I don't blame you for not understanding." I looked at her.
Minho:" Then help me understand."
Ah Ra:" Here? It's to public."
Minho:" how about a couple of Tea? Since you like tea better than coffee." She smiled and nodded.

I met up with the boys and headed to Woojin's house. The boys were happy to see her again. She told us everything that happened to Hyunjin. Moments ago we were happy to see Ah Ra and now we were silent. We were trying wrap our head around how Hyunjin died. Chan fought for Hyunjin, but Hyunjin tried to help Chan.
Changbin:" Told you he wasn't a bad guy."
Jisung:" he just needs friends to help him out."
Woojin:" we'll help, we'll understand."
Ah Ra:" Good, because he really needs it. He needs to know it's not just me taking care of him." Woojin sat down next to Ah Ra and hugged her. Ah Ra was surprised as he hugged her. The rest of the boys stood up and hugged her as well.

She told us that her mom was going to the graveyard to celebrate Hyunjin's birthday.
Minho:" You sound like your not going?"
Ah Ra:" I'm going with Chan. I thought maybe the two of us could celebrate together." I nodded.

I walked her to Chan's place. I wanted to tell her I was therefore her. That if she need anybody I was there to talk to her. She was still being in denial about her brother's death. Soon she was going to brake and she was going fall deep. I held her hand and she gave me a confused look.
Minho:" You'll tell me if there's anything you need to talk about, right?"
Ah Ra:" Yeah, sure." I nodded as she headed towards Chan's front step.

I walked back to Woojin's house. We understood Chan now. We knew that if we helped that Ah Ra wouldn't be so aggressive towards others. They both needed help, they were depending on each other. We couldn't let them fall, who knows what could happen.