13. Communication

Ah Ra's P.O.V

I was woken up by the smell of bacon. I felt my nose crinkle trying to breath in the smell of bacon. My eyes flicker open, rubbing my eyes to see that I was on the couch. I don't remember sleeping on the couch.

I sat up, still confused about being on the couch. I also noticed that there was a blanket on me. I cleaned my stuff off the couch.
Chan:" Hey you're up? Did you sleep well?"
Ah Ra:" Yeah, did you put me on the couch?"
Chan:" Yeah, the floor is uncomfortable."
Ah Ra:" I was perfectly fine on the floor." He rolled his eyes as he walked back into the kitchen.
Ah Ra:" But thank you."

He placed two plates on the table. Eggs, bacon and oatmeal.
Chan:" Eat before you go to school." Eating breakfast was quiet. Back at home Hyunjin wouldn't stop talking about his dream. The only sounds heard was the spoons and forks hitting the plate. I finished before Chan, stood up to wash my plate.
Chan:" Leave it. I'll clean it up, you're going to be late."

I got ready for school. Surprisingly everything in his house is cleaned and organized. Hyunjin said that he lived alone, his parents were in Australia. I grabbed the first aid kit. Chan's wounds were still bright red. I walked to the kitchen and stood at the doorway waiting for him to be done. He turned off the faucet and cleaned his hands on a hand towel.
Chan:" Ready for school? Let me go change." I grabbed his hand and lead him to the couch.
Ah Ra:" Sit, let me see your wounds."
Chan:" It's fine." I poked at his lip bruise, making him winced in pain. He softly slapped my hand away.
Chan:" What the hell was that for?!"
Ah Ra:" Let me help. It's the least I can do." He nodded and let me step close to him. I sat down next to him getting some ointment on my finger. His eyes followed my every move.
Ah Ra:" I never go to say thank you for last night."
Chan:" Why did you leave without telling me? You know this area is dangerous at night."
Ah Ra:" Sorry, but I didn't want hear you and your girlfriend all night."
Chan:" She's not my girlfriend."
Ah Ra:" Still, you two were loud." I rubbed ointment everywhere I saw red on his face, eyes, nose and lips. At some point when I rubbed the corner of his lips with the ointment, his lips parted. I looked at him being so close to him once again in a long time, the emotion had for him came back. I quickly sat up and grabbed my bag.
Ah Ra:" I'll wait for you outside."

After Chan got changed we walked to school. We took a different route to school everyday. He wanted me to remember the routes just incase something happen. Once again silence between the both of us. It was always awkward between the both of us. We were in the front entrance, when Chan turned around and walked back home.
Ah Ra:" Bye." He waved his hand off but never look back. I continue to walked back inside the school, heading to my locker. I grabbed my books and locked my locker. As I closed my locker Minho was leaning against the locker.
Minho:" Good morning."
Ah Ra:" Morning." I walked away.
Minho:" So your going to keep ignoring me?"
Ah Ra:" Schools important."
Minho:" You didn't think that a couple months ago." He was definitely talking about the night, that things go heavy between the two of us. I turned around and looked at him, pulling him into a corridor to avoid everyone.
Ah Ra:" Don't say it out loud. Plus we didn't do anything."
Minho:" We almost did."
Ah Ra:" It was a mistake. Teen hormones acting up." His hand moved up to my face.
Minho:" I would do anything to go back that day. Your touch-" I slightly pushed him away.
Ah Ra:" Minho? I still like you. You know that right?"
Minho:" Yeah. You still need time. I understand that. But I still miss you. I'm here for you."
Ah Ra:" Minho-"
Minho:" At some point you going to have to let me in." Before I can say anything, we were interrupted by the boys.

Jeongin:" Noona!"
Ah Ra:" Oh hey guys."
Felix:" Have you done your homework? We don't want you to fail again." I gave them a cheeky smile. I haven't done my homework in a long time. But the boys were always there to help me out. I knew that they probably hated me skipping homework, making them work extra hard for me.
Ah Ra:" I'm sorry, I promise I'll do my homework."
Felix:" Don't worry I got you covered. Here."
Ah Ra:" Sorry."

*bell ringing*
Ah Ra:" Boys? Let's have a movie night. Get to know each other again?"
Minho:" I'm I invited?"
Ah Ra:" Of course all of you. We need to start over. A better start."

School was boring as usual. I didn't really concentrate. I looked at the window, hoping for the day to go by fast.

A piece paper flew to my desk. I looked around and quickly hid it from anyone.

*reading paper*
Minho:" What's so interesting outside?" I turned to look at Minho. He smile pretending to look outside. I giggled at his silliness making him smile wider.

Tonight was going to be different. I was going to hang out with friends and actually have a regular life after everything. Minho was right, I can't keep blocking people out.