31. Meeting the family

Chan's P.O.V

Ah Ra:" Chan."
I looked at her from head to toe. She was wearing a bathing suit. It was a lacy black top with a pastel pink pareo. She jumped into my arms and hugged me tight.
Ah Ra:" I'm so sorry i didn't say goodbye."
Chan:" What are doing in Australia?" She backed away and grabbed her dogs leash.
Ah Ra:" I'm just visiting."
Chan:" You got a dog. Let guess you named it Kkami because of Hyunjin."
Ah Ra:" Yeah, it's kind of like having him around." I brought in for another hug.
Chan:" God I missed you." She laughs and wrapped her arms around me.

She put on a shirt and some shorts as we walked near the beach. She moved to California with her mom. She was in school and had summer break. She was open about her emotion. She's been going through therapy after everything that has happen.
Ah Ra:" Chan, to be honest. Don't make fun of me.....okay?"
Chan:" I won't, you know that."
Ah Ra:" It's just, it will sound crazy."
Chan:" It's fine, just tell me."
Ah Ra:" I've been.....seeing Hyunjin." She looked at me a bit nervous.
Chan:" What do you mean you see Hyunjin. Like a ghost?"
Ah Ra:" No, kind of. When I think about him he appears. When I need him the most. He is always there."
Chan:" I understand. I see him too."
Ah Ra:" Really? Does he speak to you? Like give you advice."
Chan:" haha yeah. He told me to come back home." She pat my back and smiled.
Ah Ra:" I thought I was crazy. How's your family?"
Chan:" They are very supportive. I told them everything. I really missed them, I was stupid for leaving them."
Ah Ra:" Must been really tough. Heck I only saw a small part of it, you're a fighter Chan, you're strong."

We headed towards my house. Bought ice cream along the way there. The dogs were exhausted so we sat at the park near my house.

We talked about the boys. How Changbin graduated and Felix was next.
Ah Ra:" How about Minho? How is he? Is he being nice to you?"
Chan:" Surprisingly we became close. He misses you." I felt a lump on my throat as I was about to say something that was going to break my heart. I didn't know why, it just felt bad.
Chan:" Do you still like him?" She looked at me with wide eyes. Her eyes sparkled as a smile grew on her face.
Ah Ra:" Yeah I do. But I......I don't feel the same as I did before. He is more like a friend." My heart started to beat fast. Just a friend...... why I'm so happy?

We looked at each other and smiled. It was the same warm smile she always had. But it felt different, it made me blush just looking at her.
Dad:" Chan?" We sat up as my dad walked to us.
Chan:" Hey dad, it's already 3?"
Dad:" yeah it is. Who is this lovely lady?"
Chan:" Oh this is Hwang Ah Ra, she's Hwang Hyunjin older sister. The one I told you about." They shake hands.
Dad:" Miss Hwang, would you like stay for dinner? We are having a barbecue."
Chan:" Dad-"
Ah Ra:" I loved too."
Dad:" Great, then come inside."

Kkami and Berry got along super well. The two ran around the house as if they been friends for a long time. I helped my dad cook.
Ah Ra:" Do you need any help?"
Dad:" No we are good. Miss Hwang how do you like Australia so far?"
Ah Ra:" It's beautiful. Chan always talked about the amazing views."
Dad:" Are you doing anything on Saturday?"
Chan:" Dad?"
Ah Ra:" No just exploring. Why?"
Dad:" How about coming with us to the Irwin Zoo?"
Chan:" You don't have to come."
Ah Ra:" I don't want to intrude."
Dad:" You won't, as a matter in fact my family wants to thank you for being there for Chan. He told us everything that happen. And I'm sorry to both of you. For your loss." Ah Ra quickly looked at me and gave me a sad smile.
Ah Ra:" Thank you sir. But Chan was the one who stayed beside me."
Dad:" Looks like the two of you will be good friends for a long time."

My mom finally arrived. Along with Lucas and Hannah. They were surprise to see a guest, but once my dad introduced her they all were happy. They all knew what happened. They were all glad to see her. The girl who helped there son and brother.

The day was going by fast. It was already night time. We sat outside and talked a little longer. My mom stood up and started grabbing plates.
Ah Ra:" Here let me help." She picked up a few of the plates and followed my mom to the kitchen. My mom washed the plates, Ah Ra dried them, and Hannah put them away. The three of them were getting a long really well. The laughed as they did the dishes.

My dad, me, and Lucas stayed outside and helped store the leftovers.
Dad:" Chan?"
Chan:" Yeah dad?"
Dad:" Do you like Ah Ra?"
Chan:" What? Of course I do she's my bestfriend."
Dad:" I don't mean as a friend." I looked at him. My cheeks started to get hot as the blood rushed to them making them blush.
Chan:" I-"
Dad:" I'm just saying. You two look good together. It seems like you both like each other."
Chan:" I'm not sure yet. I think I do."
Dad:" how about asking her out on a date? We are going to the zoo tomorrow so why not just hangout there." I looked to see Ah Ra who was having lots of fun playing with Berry and Kkami. Seeing her smile made me smile. I think I do like her. But I can't tell if it's because we are friends or something more. She looked up from playing with the dogs and smiled at me. She combed her hair behind her ear and quickly looked down.

We finished cleaning the backyard. It was pretty late so my dad gave me the keys to his car to take Ah Ra to the hotel. The whole way we were quiet, hardly said anything. I pulled up to the front entrance of the Hotel.
Ah Ra:" Thank you for taking me and Kkami back to the hotel it was fun."
Chan:" No problem." She open the door, but I quickly grabbed her hand. She looked at me confused as I pulled my hand way.
Chan:" Hey......ummm about tomorrow. Is it okay if we went on a date to the zoo? I just.... I like you." I stared into her eyes as she looked at with wide eyes. Gosh I fucked up didn't I.
Ah Ra:" I like you too Chan. Y-yeah lets go on a date." We both blushed hearing our confessions.
Chan:" great then I'll pick you up tomorrow at 10am?"
Ah Ra:" Yeah I'll be ready. Oh I don't have your number anymore." She pulled out her phone and gave it to me. We exchanged phone numbers and said our goodbyes.